Is there an override for Heading 2 / H2 on titles for list elements?

Hey Guys!

I like to use list elements a lot, because they enable swiping through items on mobile. I use them for "buzzword-roulettes" ๐Ÿ˜‰ and "teams".

Unfortunately โ€“ the "title" of the items is generated as Heading 2/ H2, so I end up with a messed up heading hierarchy with a lot of H2 with buzzwords or names.

I know, I could disable titles on items, but this way I can't make a phrase stand out in the description size wise and I am limited to make the phrase bold.

Any idea how to disable / prevent / override this?

Bildschirmfoto 2022-09-28 um 12.20.47.png

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, DoctorHobel said:

Hey Guys!

I like to use list elements a lot, because they enable swiping through items on mobile. I use them for "buzzword-roulettes" ๐Ÿ˜‰ and "teams".

Unfortunately โ€“ the "title" of the items is generated as Heading 2/ H2, so I end up with a messed up heading hierarchy with a lot of H2 with buzzwords or names.

I know, I could disable titles on items, but this way I can't make a phrase stand out in the description size wise and I am limited to make the phrase bold.

Any idea how to disable / prevent / override this?

Bildschirmfoto 2022-09-28 um 12.20.47.png

Can you share your site with the protected password so I can take a look?

BeyondSpaceย -ย Squarespace Website Developer

๐Ÿ–ผ๏ธย Lightbox Studioย (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
๐Ÿ—“๏ธย Delivery Date Pickerย (Squarespace Date format)
๐Ÿ’ซย Animated Buttonsย (Referral URL)
๐Ÿฅณย Sparkplugin Customisations Browsersย (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
๐Ÿฅณย Elfsight Template Browsersย (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

ย 

Heyโ€“ thanks you your answser, it does not depend on a project or a setting, it's every list item and I can't change the title NOT to be a H2.

Sourcecode is like: ย <h2 class="list-item-content__title" style="max-width: 75%;">Anything</h2>.

You can replicate this on your own projects, just create a list item and take a look at the code :).

ย 

On 9/28/2022 at 11:05 PM, DoctorHobel said:

Heyโ€“ thanks you your answser, it does not depend on a project or a setting, it's every list item and I can't change the title NOT to be a H2.

Sourcecode is like: ย <h2 class="list-item-content__title" style="max-width: 75%;">Anything</h2>.

You can replicate this on your own projects, just create a list item and take a look at the code :).

ย 

You want to change its color or?

Email meย if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.ย 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Careย - Learn CSSย - Buy me a coffeeย (thank you!)

Hi! Is there already a solution for this issue? I also can not change the heading tag. The titles in list elements are always H2. I need them to be H3. This is only an issue with the generated list elements...

Edited by Silvano
4 hours ago, Silvano said:

Hi! Is there already a solution for this issue? I also can not change the heading tag. The titles in list elements are always H2. I need them to be H3. This is only an issue with the generated list elements...

Please see the following.

ย 

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things )ย consultantย open for new projects.

10 hours ago, DoctorHobel said:

My problem ist not the style, it's more about SEO and Heading Hierarchy. I don't want the elements to be H2... they should not be a Heading at all ๐Ÿ™‚

JavaScript would be the only way to go to change the structure of the page. Weather that technique would work for SEO is another question. If the crawler read the page before the JavaScript ran then the changes to the page would be no good for SEO purposes. If the crawler ran the JavaScript then there is hope that the page changes would be picked up by the crawler.

Also note that changing the structure of the page could have a dramatic effect on the page rendering. SS may have written CSS to the h tags.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things )ย consultantย open for new projects.