Background video is washed out

• Replies 6
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, mdreuben said:

My problem with a 2k video on a website isn't the sharpness of the image, it's rather that the entire look is flat - highlights are not clean, and the shadows are muddy.

Squarespace adds an overlay to banner images and videos on Pacific family templates. You can remove this in Design > Site Styles.

When viewing the page with the video, look for Page Banner: Overlay Color

image.gif.87c84ebefe9d43376b6f2aba030fe707.gif

Let us know how you get on.

Was this post helpful? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I’ve also been having this same problem and it started out of no where about 6 months ago. When uploading videos from my computer they all appear washed out and the colors are very muted- they look terrible. I contacted Squarespace but there never seemed to be a resolution. The only workaround I was able to figure out is uploading the videos directly from my phone. For some reason this doesn’t distort the quality, but the mobile version is glitchy and slow so it can be time consuming and frustrating. I hope they figure this out as it’s been a year since this being flagged! 

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...