SEO Problem - Google not recognising input from Squarespace

Site URL: https://www.ghoulsmagazine.com

Hello everyone!

I'm sruggling to get google to "pick up" the Seo input I entered throuh squarespace for our hme page. Whereas SEO for individual aricles works and it's picked up fine, the Hompage one (The most imporant!!) and those for the other pages ( listed underneeth are not!

Please see below how it appears on gogle search atm:1638565666_Screenshot2022-09-25at16_02_16.thumb.png.a537a9b669551fbb4be4b4600781def4.png

This is not what I have added on the page description in Squarespace, which should be what Google picks up, see below: In these examples I'm posting screenshots of the "Homepage" SEO description I have entered as well as the SEO for the "Horror Films Reviews" page:
413515916_Screenshot2022-09-25at15_57_57.thumb.png.f5a451c0da52243aeea95e4441d9f76a.png1731961351_Screenshot2022-09-25at16_10_22.png.54b0040523a72c14b289c47d30761579.png

Could someone be so kind to look into this and advise what's wrong/causing this and how to fix it?

Also, is there a way to decide what subpages to display under the Home page in google Search? at the moment Google is showing these below (as you can see from the screenshot) but I'd like other ones to bepresented. Thanks a lot in advance for your support!

• Replies 1
  • Views 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's no way to definitively control what text Google displays as the title and description in the search results. The amount of title and description re-writing Google is doing increased dramatically in the past year. You can read about these changes in more detail in this article: https://searchengineland.com/navigating-googles-title-changes-the-rollout-whats-happening-now-and-what-you-can-do-about-it-375445

It's possible Google will decide to adjust the title and description displayed in the SERPs for your homepage over time, but maybe it won't 🤪 Ultimately your best bet is to do you best to write a good SEO title and description for each page/post in the Squarespace SEO settings – something that you think will work for the most popular search query intent for that you're targeting with that URL – and hope Google uses it.

Hope that helps,

- Ed

--

Blue Hills Digital
Support with website optimization, SEO and finding a digital marketing strategy that works.

Latest resource: Squarespace SEO Services