Pick up only option

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hi

I have a retail business which sells some particularly heavy items - compost mainly. I don't want these to be shipped because its just not cost effective for customers or necessary really.  I can't seem to find a way to not apply shipping at checkout though. I have pickup enabled but I can't seem to ONLY apply pick up to these products. Is there any way I can do this?

Thanks

• Replies 5
  • Views 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution
7 minutes ago, chavvers said:

I can't seem to ONLY apply pick up to these products. Is there any way I can do this?

No, not currently. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thanks Paul. That's incredibly stupid!!!  So basically if I don't send stuff out I'd need to not list them on the site which means that I can't tell people that I have them in store. Brilliant!!! That's the most basic of things surely  😞  I guess the only other way to do it is to have those products as a gallery or picture with the text so its not part of the 'store' and just advise people that they are in store only. More unnecessary work.

thanks for the reply

Edited by chavvers
1 hour ago, chavvers said:

That's incredibly stupid!!!  So basically if I don't send stuff out I'd need to not list them on the site which means that I can't tell people that I have them in store. Brilliant!!!

To explain, the 'pickup' feature is fairly new and is evolving with new features being added over time. The ability to designate a product as 'pickup only' has not been added yet, but this is a very popular request and I don't expect it will be very long before we see this as a feature.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 4 months later...
5 hours ago, ALEFF said:

Any advances on the ability to schedule pick up times yet? Or to be able to exclude certain products from shipping?

There have been no changes to these.