Using alternative glyphs with a custom font

Site URL: https://www.jotpaperco.com/my-kid-made

I'm struggling a with a custom font I'm using on one page of our site. The font we're using has alternative glyphs that I can't figure out how to access.

We used this same font on a now expired site. We had some custom CSS so that  would activate the alternative glyph when we would bold and italicise a single character,. I've attached an image of the result. You can see the first 'i' is unchanged. The second uses the alternative glyph. This was achieved in a normal text box by simply highlighting the glyph we wanted to target and then clicking the bold and italic buttons in the text edit.

All i can remember is it had something to do with 'font-feature-settings' and 'ss01'.

I can't remember or find the code we used to achieve this and would really appreciate help if anyone knows how we can do this again.

Thanks you in advance! 

Dan

Screenshot 2022-09-21 at 01.04.34.png

• Replies 2
  • Views 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It looks like the alternative glyphs may be triggered by setting the letter to BOLD and ITALICS, try that on the other letter i.

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

Hi Ziggy,

That's how it was set up on our old site which has now expired. I'm consolidating two sites into one, and no longer have the code from our old site. I've attached a picture of what it's like now for comparison.

I'm hoping someone can help me with a snippet of code to make this work using the bold and italic method like you mentioned.

Thanks!
Dan

Screenshot 2022-09-21 at 13.45.41.png