Website Not Crawling on Google

Site URL: https://justinried.com

Trying to add my Squarespace website to the Google Search index. The Search Console gives an error when attempting to crawl the URL, however. For the last 5+ days, it's given a "hostload exceeded" error. Any thoughts on a solution?

Time
Sep 20, 2022, 8:21:50 AM
Crawled as Googlebot desktop
Crawl allowed? Yes
Page fetch
error Failed: Hostload exceeded
Indexing allowed? N/A
Indexing
User-declared canonical N/A
Google-selected canonical: Only determined after indexing
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi @JustinR - I just tested and it looks like this is still an issue. Have you reached out to Squarespace support? It's hard to suggest other potential issues without checking the website itself and what you're seeing in Google Search Console.

- Ed

--

Blue Hills Digital
Support with website optimization, SEO and finding a digital marketing strategy that works.

Latest resource: Squarespace SEO Services

Thanks Ed. Squarespace confirmed that the domain (registered with GoDaddy) is correctly connected to my Squarespace account, so that's not the issue. They're wondering if it may be a configuration / block happening on GoDaddy's side, and recommend that I follow up with GoDaddy to ensure they're not blocking the Google crawler. Hmmm...  

• 1 month later...

May not be the same, however I am having  issues with Squarespace. Contacted their customer service yesterday and it was absolutely pointless. Got a generic response acknowledging that an issue exists.  They didn't specify what the issue was, offered no ETA on a resolution, and was told that they won't notify me when its resolved. 😕 Great. . . . . .

In short my website seems to have schema errors when I test it. Google won't index a lot of the site. seems to be linked to the business information under settings.