Domain Not Claimed

Site URL: https://www.automatedcontrolsuk.com

After many issues with cpanel and connecting the domain, we have decided to create a new domain and re-direct it to the current one (www.automatedcontrolsuk.com)

The new domain (www.automatedcontrols.uk.com) links up fine, however the current one comes up with the below message:

Domain Not Claimed
This domain has been mapped to Squarespace, but it has not yet been claimed by a website. If this is your domain, claim it in the Domains tab of your Website Manager.

How do I go about claiming this?
The reason we created a new domain was because cpanel wouldn't connect up properly and they were quite unhelpful when it came to contacting them to rectify this. It was a better solution to just create a new one and redirect it but now that doesn't work. Feels like we're going round in circles with this domain!
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I have this issue also. I started to setup a website with SquareSpace, added my domain name etc. Then backed out at the billing step and went to another site provider. But having configured my DNS and the TTL has passed the browser has the same error above: the domain has been mapped to SquareSpace etc.

How long does SquareSpace hold onto the domain for? 

• 2 months later...

Hello all! The "Domain not claimed" error means that the domain is pointing to Squarespace, but hasn't been added to the Domains panel of a Squarespace site. There are a couple of things to double-check:

• Make sure the domain is added to the Domains panel of the site. This is essentially how the site "claims" the domain.
  • If you're moving a domain between Squarespace sites, check that you followed the steps in this guide: Moving a domain to another Squarespace site
  • If your third-party domain supports Nameserver Connect and DNS Connect, make sure that you know which one you're using when adding the domain, and that the domain's settings are changed accordingly: Nameserver Connect vs DNS Connect
    • For Nameserver Connect, this means that your domain is using Squarespace nameservers. If you added the domain using this method, you should see the option to edit your DNS records through Squarespace. You should also see the Squarespace Defaults preset in the DNS settings.
    • For DNS Connect, you won't see the option to edit the domain's DNS records through Squarespace. You might see "View DNS Settings" if there are missing or incorrect DNS records.
  • If you just connected the domain and all of the settings are correct, give the connection a bit more time : ) As much as the internet is a speedy place, when you edit a domain's DNS settings the changes typically don't update immediately.

Hopefully some of this helps!