No Trash Can on Pages Panel?

Site URL: https://www.bridgingfortomorrow.org

I created this website a few years ago. I no longer work for this organization. Not long ago (30 minutes) their new communication girl called me, wanting to know where the "information" was for a specific page. I said, "Do you mean the copy?" she said, "I mean... like where do you have everything that was on the page?" After a few more questions, she says that she was updating the page and now it's just "gone". I log in and realize that she's deleted, not just one page, but the entire blog - it appears to me. She doesn't realize that yet. She only realizes that one page on the blog is gone. This single page took me so long to create and code.

Isn't there supposed to be an easy fix - if she just deleted this, I can go into the trash and restore it. However, there is no trash can on the bottom of the pages panel. The very last thing on the bottom of the page is just the last page. See screenshot. That's the bottom of the page; it won't scroll down any further.

Am I incorrect that there should be a trash can here? Is there another way to find the lost blog/pages?

Thanks so much for any help. 

Cheers,

Hannah

Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 10.56.21 AM.png

• Replies 5
  • Views 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The trashcan only appears if there are deleted pages that can be recovered. I suggest they contact Customer Care to see if anything can be done. 

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A past client of mine was editing her site yesterday and somehow all her blog posts have disappeared. She asked if I could help her troubleshoot, but I'm not sure on this.

She said she was editing her events page (https://www.tastyharvests.com/find-us-here) and stepped away. When she came back it prompted her to save. Now when she goes to her blog page (https://www.tastyharvests.com/blog-th), it shows an event section with no events. On the back end, there is nothing in the blog page with all her previous posts, and this error shows:

Couldn’t load items
Request failed with status code 500

Where would the posts have gone? Should there be a trash or recycle bin at the bottom? 

I'm wondering if perhaps she deleted the section on the page with the posts and that deleted all of them? Any help is welcome!

1 hour ago, LZMarketing said:

On the back end, there is nothing in the blog page with all her previous posts, and this error shows: Couldn’t load items Request failed with status code 500

It will be worth contacting Customer Care about this. You can do this using this contact form.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.