Export images from one SS site to another SS site

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows a way to download more than one image at a time or if there is a way to export multiple images at once from one SS site to another? I'm trying to move my portfolio off my personal site, to my professional site and I have 100's of images I need to transfer over.

Thank you,

Sarah

• Solution

You can export/import some pages and collections from one Squarespace site to another using the SquarespaceWebsites Tools Extension PRO, a paid Chrome extension. If the images are on an importable page/collection type, this will allow you to transfer them over. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/30/2022 at 8:29 PM, Stevee00 said:

I need to migrate a small site from 7.0 to 7.1. My own, not a client's. Lots of images. 

I followed the link to SquarespaceWebsites Tool Extension PRO (in post above). The site warns that this is in beta and unreliable. Anybody have any experience with this? 

Yes - I'm wondering this too - very happy to use a paid for tool if it helps!

On 9/30/2022 at 8:29 PM, Stevee00 said:

The site warns that this is in beta and unreliable. Anybody have any experience with this?

I’ve been using the the SquarespaceWebsites Tools Extension PRO Chrome extension since it came out - several years ago. It’s the best tool available. 

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

It is a good plugin, it's very useful, and they do offer a 5 day trial so you can test it if you're not sure.

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, TheBigRedBox said:

Loving it so far! Also the Slack group is great.

It is isn't it!

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

• 1 month later...

I was aiming to move our site from 7.0 to 7.1 which seems so crazy you have to completely start from scratch but something that blew my mind, even more, is Squarespace doesn't even have the option to download your asset library. Currently, you can only download 1 image at a time and even that is not quick. Please please please, make it so you can download your images. Without that, it makes it impossible to recreate your site on 7.1.