Transferred to Squarespace - Feedback Appreciated

Site URL: https://www.jamiechancetravels.com

Hi All,

I would really appreciate some feedback on my website if possible.  Everything was going really well in terms of ranking on Google and page views etc but, for some reason, in 2020 I decided to transfer my site to Squarespace. If I'm honest it was mostly due to the simplicity and design but ever since, even with new posts, I find that I'm struggling to move forward. I try to follow SEO good practice, keep page sizes down (though I do have a lot of photos) but ranking on Google seems impossible!

I can see that my page speed scores are low using Google or Lighthouse but okay using GT Metrix - I am very confused!  I have posted a few articles recently that simply will not rank at all. I would love to know if there is something, obvious or not, that I'm missing or whether it is just that what I post isn't good enough...

I really appreciate any help anyone can give me!

Thank you

Jamie

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there is a great misconception about search engines.  Articles and postings don't show up quiclky, it takes a lot of time for them to be found. And it is one of those quirks that the more clicks on it the more clicks it gets. If one can put your name in the address bar and your site shows up at the top of the page then your SEO is not working bad at all. Everything else takes  a lot of time to be found directly, weeks. if not months. I personally don't worry about page speeds, my content is more important to me, that once people find my site they want to stay there.  It looks to me like your site makes people want to stay there for a long while.

Derrick 

my random views

Edited by derricksrandomviews
  • 2 weeks later...