Adding Shop All page to drop-down (7.0)

24 minutes ago, MavisChen said:

I need help on adding a Shop-All page to the nav bar

This is possible if you've placed all your products into a single Store page and you have (or plan to have) less than 200 products. If you've placed products in separate Store pages, you can move products between pages to place them on a single page but only if you plan to have less than 200 products in total because this is the Squarespace 7.0 limit for a single Store page. This single Store page will become your "Shop All" page. You can then add links for specific collections by referencing the product category.

If you want to show more than 200 products and are using Squarespace 7.0, then I do recommend upgrading to Squarespace 7.1 because it performs better and has a wider range of commerce features that will increase conversion.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

2 hours ago, paul2009 said:

This is possible if you've placed all your products into a single Store page and you have (or plan to have) less than 200 products. If you've placed products in separate Store pages, you can move products between pages to place them on a single page but only if you plan to have less than 200 products in total because this is the Squarespace 7.0 limit for a single Store page. This single Store page will become your "Shop All" page. You can then add links for specific collections by referencing the product category.

If you want to show more than 200 products and are using Squarespace 7.0, then I do recommend upgrading to Squarespace 7.1 because it performs better and has a wider range of commerce features that will increase conversion.

Ah! I see. That's very helpful. Thanks!

By the way, if I start a blank Shop page, is there any way to add products from the existing inventory list (existing PDP page)?

3 hours ago, paul2009 said:

Hi again. I've tried the suggested method. However, I realised that as the drop-down is created by links, I won't be able to change how the page looks. For example, each drop-down page on this site has its hero image on top of the product list, and each one has its own ULR. 

Any idea to achieve that? TIA

Site URL: https://www.sejewellery.com/

Hello all,

For my client site, I would like to have the same arrangement as the sample site, meaning adding the same products to different pages (e.g. Shop All, Necklaces, Bracelets etc.). 

I have tried the method of using categories with links. The problem with that is I wasn't able to customise the design on each linked page, as you can see on the sample site, each category page has its own featured image on the top.

Also looking at the individual product URLs from the sample site, I assume each product is linked to the same inventory.?

Could anyone help, please? TIA ☺️

On 9/12/2022 at 9:46 AM, MavisChen said:

I have tried the method of using categories with links. The problem with that is I wasn't able to customise the design on each linked page, as you can see on the sample site, each category page has its own featured image on the top.

I understand. Once you have moved all your products into a single Store page (as I mentioned above) there are other ways to display specific categories (collections) by referencing the product category.

I've already explained how to do this by linking to a filtered version of the full Store page but, if you want to retain creative control over each category page, you can use Summary Blocks instead.

To create a separate page for a product category:

1. Add a new (blank) page to the site, naming it according to the category.
  2. If required, add a title and banner image to the page (now or later).
  3. Add a Summary Block to the page
  4. Select the correct Store page
  5. Select the required Category
  6. Set Display mode to Grid

You'll now have a page that can show a single category but it is fully customisable by adding additional Squarespace Blocks.

The downside is that Summary Blocks cannot display more than 30 products. To display more products, you can add multiple summary blocks to the same page and use tags to choose which items display in each one but this gets very messy and I don't recommend it. You can see this in the sample site that you quoted where some products are repeated on the fine jewellery page and there's an odd gap between the Summary Blocks:

image.thumb.png.bed58d73e5bfdfcbe7f2cb8438520150.png

If you need to show more than 30 products in a Summary Block, I recommend purchasing the Lazy Summaries plugin instead of multiple blocks, as this removes the 30-item limitation.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

40 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

I understand. Once you have moved all your products into a single Store page (as I mentioned above) there are other ways to display specific categories (collections) by referencing the product category.

I've already explained how to do this by linking to a filtered version of the full Store page but, if you want to retain creative control over each category page, you can use Summary Blocks instead.

To create a separate page for a product category:

1. Add a new (blank) page to the site, naming it according to the category.
  2. If required, add a title and banner image to the page (now or later).
  3. Add a Summary Block to the page
  4. Select the correct Store page
  5. Select the required Category
  6. Set Display mode to Grid

You'll now have a page that can show a single category but it is fully customisable by adding additional Squarespace Blocks.

The downside is that Summary Blocks cannot display more than 30 products. To display more products, you can add multiple summary blocks to the same page and use tags to choose which items display in each one but this gets very messy and I don't recommend it. You can see this in the sample site that you quoted where some products are repeated on the fine jewellery page and there's an odd gap between the Summary Blocks:

image.thumb.png.bed58d73e5bfdfcbe7f2cb8438520150.png

If you need to show more than 30 products in a Summary Block, I recommend purchasing the Lazy Summaries plugin instead of multiple blocks, as this removes the 30-item limitation.

Sorted, thanks so much!