Password Protected Areas

Good morning!  So I haven't run across this yet in Squarespace, and wanted to see what you all are doing in this scenario.

I have a client who needs a password protected area of their site.  It'll basically be an internal portal for her agents to access resources.

So I setup a sample page, and password protected it.  Easy enough.  But on that page, I have links to various resources (pages, forms, etc...).  Do I need to password protect each of those pages, and will Squarespace require users to login to each page separately?  In other words, they login to the main password protected page, but when they click on "Handbook", will they need to login again?  It appears as though they do.  I essentially am creating walled off content for internal use only, but the Membership feature doesn't seem to really fit this scenario, unless I am totally missing the point.

Thanks for any feedback.  Really appreciate it!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a duplicate thread that has been answered here:

To summarise (for anyone who cannot access the Circle post):

1. It isn't practical to create a password-protected area of a site that will contain multiple pages, because each page will need to be password-protected. As users navigate between password-protected pages they will be prompted for the password on every new page - even if the password is the same.

2. Member Areas allows you to create an area of the site that is protected by a user-specific logon so this should be the perfect solution. However Squarespace have yet to provide a way to approve members. Right now anyone can sign up for access. 

3. Some third party products are available but none of these are suitable for information that must remain private. This is because no third party product can ‘secure’ Squarespace content - it isn’t technically possible for them to do so. They can only ‘hide’ content, but it remains accessible to anyone who knows how to use CSS or JavaScript.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

I've been trying to figure out the same thing. I'm helping launch a real estate brokerage and want to use Squarespace as onboarding/marketing resource center for our tools and company updates for things like marketing request forms, ecommerce company branded products, content calendars, vendor resources, a list of custom design services and pricing, etc. Each page can be switched to password protected, but I need to be able to track who has access to the site so I can remove agents if they leave the brokerage. Also the navigation doesn't make sense. he way the Nav bar works doesn't make sense. All I want is a gated membership website with secured pages all protected except the home and careers pages.