Minified CSS

Go to solution Solved by studiofounded,

Site URL: https://integrativeacupuncture.co.nz/

Hi there, 

Still a newbie to SQSP and just finished a site for a client.

I've ran it through the Hubspot webgrader tool and got a terrible Performance score mostly affected by page speed (10.9), Page request (53) and failed minified CSS. 

Any chance someone knows how I could address these issues? 

Thanks a lot!

Claire 

PS. If anyone feels like recommending an SEO service provider that would be great. 

Edited by ClaireThi
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Hi!

Not all web speed test tools give accurate results for Squarespace. I can't speak for the Hubspot tool as I haven't used it, but GTMetrix usually works well for Squarespace. 

Taking a quick look, your site ranks an A overall and has good performance. The heaviest part is your JS, so perhaps trim that down if possible, and a few images could also be made a little smaller. You have a few broken links, and I recommend running them through a broken link checker so you can find out where they are and adjust them.

What kind of page requests do you see? Some initial steps you can take are to double-check your SSL certificate is installed correctly, and follow these steps to set up 301 redirects to send visitors to correct pages. 

I recommend making these changes, then retest your site and evaluate if more changes are needed 🙂

Let me know how that goes!

— Hannah

Sisu Templates

A brand designer & strategist creating brands that bridge the gaps between artistry, strategy, and thoughtful consideration. Creator of Studio Founded, a digital resource library for purposeful business owners. 
💻 Shop Squarespace Templates
✍️ Curated Business Resources

🥰 Complimentary Downloadables
🤍 Bespoke Branding & Websites

Links in my posts may be affiliate links.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2022 at 12:08 PM, sisutemplates said:

Hi!

Not all web speed test tools give accurate results for Squarespace. I can't speak for the Hubspot tool as I haven't used it, but GTMetrix usually works well for Squarespace. 

Taking a quick look, your site ranks an A overall and has good performance. The heaviest part is your JS, so perhaps trim that down if possible, and a few images could also be made a little smaller. You have a few broken links, and I recommend running them through a broken link checker so you can find out where they are and adjust them.

What kind of page requests do you see? Some initial steps you can take are to double-check your SSL certificate is installed correctly, and follow these steps to set up 301 redirects to send visitors to correct pages. 

I recommend making these changes, then retest your site and evaluate if more changes are needed 🙂

Let me know how that goes!

— Hannah

Sisu Templates

THANK YOU Hannah!!! So appreciative of your time answering this. I'll follow up on your advice to see what happens.