Strikethrough Text on a Button

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: https://www.paveyourway.com/pave-challenge-evergreen

Hi There,

Anyone know what commands I can use to add strikethrough text on a button (see attached example from my Squarespace website, so I know it's possible)? I was able to do it a couple of years ago and forgot how.

As you'll see from the URL I've supplied, I was able to cross off the number $1497 on several buttons (scroll to the lower part of the page).

I'm trying to do the same thing to the buttons up top and cannot figure it out. If I mess with the lower buttons, I'll loose the strikethrough text, so I don't want to mess with them. I've tried to open a few up to investigate and then I lost the strikethrough text.

I'm pretty sure I used some sort of command on my keyboard before. Anyone have any ideas? THANK YOU SO MUCH!

nina

Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 4.21.54 PM.png

• Solution
10 hours ago, Pave said:

Anyone know what commands I can use to add strikethrough text on a button (see attached example from my Squarespace website, so I know it's possible)

It was possible to add this to a Button Block, but it no longer is. 

As a workaround you can create the button manually using HTML within a Code Block.

To do this:

1. Add a Code Block where you want the button to appear. 
  2. Set it to Mode: HTML and ensure the Display Source Code option is disabled.

image.thumb.png.945103dae2e5a34b0039faf9eb77a4ba.png

Here's an example:

<div class="sqs-block button-block sqs-block-button" data-block-type="53">
  <div class="sqs-block-content">
    <div class="sqs-block-button-container sqs-block-button-container--center" data-animation-role="button" data-alignment="center" data-button-size="small" data-button-type="tertiary">
      <a href="/your-link-goes-here" class="sqs-block-button-element--small sqs-button-element--tertiary sqs-block-button-element" data-initialized="true">
          Enroll Now for just <strike>$1497</strike> $1197
      </a>
    </div>
  </div>
</div>

Did this post help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Improve your online store with our extensions.
About: Squarespace Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, appreciation and great design ♥.
Work: Squarespace Developer and founder of SF Digital, building the features Squarespace didn't include™.
Content: Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

Buy me a coffee

• 2 weeks later...