Designing workflow with Figma

Helloo everyone. I’m a webdesigner and would like to give square space a try as well. I’m just wondering how most go about their creation. 

I use Figma to prototype but I’m not sure if it’s a good idea to do on here as well. And couldn’t find many people doing prototyping for squarespace.

So I wonder how professionals work on this platform to create custom designs. You do it directly in the builder? Build a basic outline? 

I understand you’re limited to the builder. And I might not be able to build my prototype exactly. So it might be a waste to go that route

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Great question! There's certainly room for wireframing and prototyping with Squarespace. In the past that's been slightly limited, and designing directly in the builder (given a good content strategy) was often an efficient way to produce an effective design staying within the constraints, but now with the Fluid Engine builder there's a lot more scope for placement and overlapping as well as a mobile specific design, so you may well be able to retain your current workflow with some adjustments to suit the platform. I would certainly recommend it, doubly so with clients that want to do their own management and updates. Hope that helps!

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

On 9/8/2022 at 1:08 AM, W3bsage said:

Wow, great, thanks for your reply, I still got a question though. I can't seem to find a blank template but I saw others in tutorials use it. Is it gone?

Try this link: https://www.squarespace.com/templates/blank-fluid-demo

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)