Link in E-Mail notification changes (for tracking reasons?)

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hi! 

I have a donation button on my website. Everyone donating gets a downloadlink for my shopping guide in the e-mail donation reciept. When I click the link in thunderbird it gives me a warning that the linktext does not match the link. However when editing the donation receipt I see that the link matches exactly the link text. Since clicking the link brings me to the actual content, I assume there is some analytics/tracking added to this link. I don't wont that. Can I change it? (only workaround would be to to change the link text to something else but I like if the user can copy & paste the link text as well.

This is the error thunderbird gives me: 

image.thumb.png.3e7a762d9aa0d2b39b58f537a9e2cb53.png

This is the link I put into the mail: 

image.thumb.png.f3982dc6e1871ed27526716c4d88f18b.png

I blacked-out the exact link because I do not want it to be on the internet. But as I said link and text is the same. But when reciecing the email the link is different....

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Solution

This should be resolved by using a human readable word or phrase like "Electronic Shopping Guide" as the link text instead of URL that will be considered misleading.

For example, "You can download my guide here: Electronic Shopping Guide".

As you say, they cannot right-click the link but the PDF should then load correctly in the user's browser.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 weeks later...