Moving a Client to Another Group Class

Hello,

I have an issue where a client booked into our intermediate class and after some discussion with the client, we decided that they should be in our beginner class that is starting up instead. The client has already paid so I'd like to try and avoid the hassle of cancelling the booking, refunding the money, only for them to rebook into the beginner class and pay again. I'd rather just move them into the new class if that's possible? It keeps telling me that I can't reschedule them because the appointments are part of a series.

Any help would really be appreciated!

In scheduler, you should be able to open the appointment, hit edit, click on the appointment type and select the beginner class. After which you can change the date(s) as needed. Then just resend the confirmation email to the client. I don't think that would matter if it's a part of a series....you have override abilities.

If I am wrong, would love to know the answer as well.

9 hours ago, Alicat876 said:

In scheduler, you should be able to open the appointment, hit edit, click on the appointment type and select the beginner class. After which you can change the date(s) as needed. Then just resend the confirmation email to the client. I don't think that would matter if it's a part of a series....you have override abilities.

If I am wrong, would love to know the answer as well.

Doesn't seem to work, when I click on reschedule for that client it just gives me "This is in a series so individual appointments cannot be rescheduled"

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This solution I just used:  Click lesson. Click client. Scroll down and click "schedule new appointment" under "history". Click currently selected appointment type box. That gave me a dropdown of all appointment types and they are selectable. Select one. I put a little note, for self, to the affect that it is a transfer and then checked the paid box. Hit the arrow on the side of the schedule button and select schedule without notification (or however it was worded) because we don't want to further bombard client's email box. Then, click the old class again and click the client. Click the red "cancel" at the top right and choose the option to not notify client, because they already know and nobody likes to be cancelled so why push that button. There might have been a "click save" in there somewhere that I have forgotten. You know how Acuity is.

• 6 months later...