Code block too tall and bloating its section height (7.1, Fluid Engine)

Site URL: https://not-yet-live.com

Using 7.1, Fluid Engine:

I need to use a code block at the bottom of the site footer, as I want to use scripting to dynamically display the current year in the copyright. 

Apparently the code block is still quite tall. The section it's in is set to "small" and I cannot have fewer than 9 rows in the section (!) when the code block is in it (this is the only block in this section). This leaves lots of empty space beneath, which is really not ideal in a footer bar/copyright line. 

CSS targeting the block to remove padding will not override this, and I believe this is because the section is reading the code block as requiring 9 rows. This section started out as 6 rows, and dragging the section bottom drag bar up to minimize the height actually added 3 rows that nothing will remove. (I certainly can't edit the rows value manually, it is overwritten by 9.)

FYI, the code block itself only contains 2 lines of code.

This seems buggy. Anyone encounter this? 

Screenshot 2022-08-29 173921.png

Edited by spinsterdesign

Just to be clear:  when I test adding a new blank section and take the rows/height down as low as I can and add a blank code block ("Hello, World!"), the lowest we can possibly get a blank code block is 6 rows high.

Given that we can make text blocks only 1 row high: this is not acceptable. It's frustrating, because while we know that Squarespace does not support custom code, they should be supporting how an empty code block behaves.