Image Card can't see it as an option

Right. Just checking...

I have seen a video where someone adds a block [image] and then gets a load of options [poster/card/etc]

I can add an image, but have spent hours trying to find the options to have it changed from just an image - to a card

Is it because I am on the free trial. That's all I can think of... or am I just missing something obvious... or am I [most likely] just really stupid

Anyone on the Free Trial know what to do after you have the image in your page - to then find the options to change it. Or is it paid versions only that you can do that?

Thanks for any help x

Most likely what you have run into to is a classic editor vs. fluid engine issue.

The image options you mention are only available when working with a classic editor page section.

If you find instructions on the internet and they don't mention either the classic editor or fluid engine they were most likely written for classic editor, as fe has only been out for a short time.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Thanks for that.

So I'm not an idiot missing something obvious....

I just watch a video that is now out of date. Yikes.

And yes - looking into this now [thanks to your help] I am 100% using the fluid engine.

I guess that means rather than giving the options of 'poster' or 'card' - with fluid engine, you are free to make the layouts into 'poster' or 'card' as you wish. Negating the need for those options.

Thanks again

22 minutes ago, MmJ said:

with fluid engine, you are free to make the layouts into 'poster' or 'card' as you wish. Negating the need for those options.

I wouldn't say that the need is negated. Other folks have expressed the desire to have those image types return to FE. I hope SS will bring them back. I think there is a need for the FE free form method but also it is nice to have more structured elements like images cards. With image cards the flexibility is reduced but the speed of implementing an effect is speed up dramatically.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

The need is definitely not negated ...the image card layout options (with individual animation options which are now global in FE) make for clean,consistent, and and efficient design, they also allowed for some really great and unique CSS customization of those built in designs, which cannot be replicated in FE.

Many of us are really, really hoping they -and the customization options theirin, are brought back! @Guillermo_SQSP