How do I make disclaimer text in footer smaller?

Go to solution Solved by tuanphan,

Site URL: http://www.vacationsworthmeltingfor.com

Hello everyone!

I am very new to Squarespace and while I am technically a Millennial, I would classify my technological abilities as those of a Boomer. I say this only to emphasize the fact that I need you to basically write your advice as though you were explaining it to a caveman.

I am struggling to change the font size for the disclaimer that I am required to include on my website. I have it placed in the footer of the site in a paragraph 3 text box. The font is still huge and I would really like to make it much smaller so that it doesn't take up as much space.

I really appreciate any and all help! 

• Replies 11
  • Views 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The site is currently password protected so we'll need the public password to allow us to see the footer 🙂

Please read How to Post a Forum Question for guidance on the information that we need.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• Solution
On 8/29/2022 at 11:16 PM, FarrinPlansDisney said:

Site URL: http://www.vacationsworthmeltingfor.com

Hello everyone!

I am very new to Squarespace and while I am technically a Millennial, I would classify my technological abilities as those of a Boomer. I say this only to emphasize the fact that I need you to basically write your advice as though you were explaining it to a caveman.

I am struggling to change the font size for the disclaimer that I am required to include on my website. I have it placed in the footer of the site in a paragraph 3 text box. The font is still huge and I would really like to make it much smaller so that it doesn't take up as much space.

I really appreciate any and all help! 

Try adding to Design > Custom CSS

/* Footer disclaimer */
div#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1661298162099_29392 p {
    font-size: 14px;
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 4 months later...

Hi! I tried to use this code but I am not sure if I used it correctly, as I just cut and paste it in the bottom of my custom css section, and it still looks big on mobile. Can you please assist? 

my site is: www.friendshipwithintention.com 

Edited by Amanda-FWI
On 1/12/2023 at 2:41 PM, Amanda-FWI said:

Hi! I tried to use this code but I am not sure if I used it correctly, as I just cut and paste it in the bottom of my custom css section, and it still looks big on mobile. Can you please assist? 

my site is: www.friendshipwithintention.com 

Add to Design > Custom CSS

div#block-6b47df8fa68189c5403a p {
    font-size: 16px;
}

Or send to forum message

On 1/16/2023 at 2:52 PM, Amanda-FWI said:

So that code helped me make it smaller on the website, but you can see from the screenshot my mobile view is still pretty big and I even put that code inside and outside of my mobile section. 

IMG_D86091AF623D-1.jpeg

Screenshot 2023-01-16 at 8.51.02 AM.png

Try this new code

div#block-6b47df8fa68189c5403a p {
    font-size: 16px !important;
}

Or send to forum message