Connecting a Domain: Squarespace still showing "pending domain owner verification"

Site URL: http://www.armaiti.com.au

Hi friends, I really need help on this. I've followed every single step of the process: Connecting third-party domain (provider: Crazy Domain). It's still not working. CNAME entry for verify square space still as "Record not found".

CNAME entry looks identical. But still not finding.

And this message (attach) is showing on the webpage. I don't know what to do.

Screen Shot 2022-08-29 at 5.27.24 pm.png

3 hours ago, hrmota said:

It's still not working. CNAME entry for verify square space still as "Record not found".

You do not appear to have added the Verification CNAME record to the third party's DNS settings yet.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 6 months later...

Same for me.
Site url: www.provanso.lt
 Verified using TXT and CNAME. Even gave to someone who has built dozens of websites - still record not found.   We've been trying to fix it for 2 weeks already. That's for "easiest" experience building webs.

Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 10.12.16.png

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to bring my domain to square space from Go Daddy. 

The code provided by SS wasn’t working & support at GD gave me a different code. 

The domain has gone from my GD account and they have confirmed it has been transferred to SS. 

On my SS account it still says Transfer in Progress - please contact your provider & update the IPS tag. 

I am total technophobic and really struggling to understand the terminology on the help pages. 

I have no idea what to do next. Grateful for any help / advice 

26 minutes ago, ShellyAdvocate said:

I am trying to bring my domain to Squarespace from GoDaddy. I have no idea what to do next.

Transfers are slow and can take up to 15 days. There are a few status messages to look for in the Domains panel after confirming the domain transfer. The status labels tell you where your domain is in the process and any steps you should complete.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi

Am trying to connect my squarespace site to our Crazy Domains domain. It says in squarespace that it is connected, no error messages or anything. But when I try to go to the website address I get the error "This website is pending domain owner verification"
I don't have any messages or emails about verifying the ownership so I'm not sure where to look.

Thanks

Hello All,

I am have the same issue as Peter_P above:
image.thumb.png.c6ed07e5ad2db8c550666bf4db6d43fa.png

In my Squarespace settings, it says the domain is "connected". The SSL certificate status is "Processing". It might be a case of waiting for 72 hours for the SSL to Process, BUT the message "This website is pending domain owner verification" leads me to believe that I am required to verify the domain. Like Peter_P, I cannot see where I need to verify it? There are no error messages present on my domain providers website.

Could anyone please let me know, is it just a case of waiting 72 hours, or am I required to do anything at this point? Thank you in advance!

20 minutes ago, Michael_Walkling said:

Could anyone please let me know, is it just a case of waiting 72 hours, or am I required to do anything at this point?

@Peter_P @Michael_Walkling Have you verified the domain by creating the Verification CNAME record that points to verify.squarespace.com?

To explain, after you've followed the first few steps to connect your domain, the next step is to create this Verification CNAME record using your domain provider's DNS panel. You'll be using the string of numbers and letters that Squarespace show in your site’s DNS settings panel.

Thank you for your reply, Paul. The issue sorted itself out in the end. Just checked and the website is appearing as it should using the connected domain. I guess it takes a couple of hours for these things to process.

It says "not secure" in my browser window, and the SSL is still being processed. I'm guessing this issue will be resolved after 72 hours.

Thanks again.

On 4/5/2023 at 7:48 PM, paul2009 said:

Transfers are slow and can take up to 15 days. There are a few status messages to look for in the Domains panel after confirming the domain transfer. The status labels tell you where your domain is in the process and any steps you should complete.

Hi friends (and Paul)

I'm facing a similar issue as to OP. 

Site URL: http://anti-dirty.xyz/

I followed the steps to connecting my Namecheap domain to my Squarespace site, keying in the nameservers etc. Domain settings say its connected, but the same message is showing up: "This website is pending domain owner verification"

Could yall help? Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi, I have a similar problem. My DNS provider requires the domain name always in the first field, so:
www -> www.mydomain.com

kjl23h4j23k -> kjl23h4j23k.mydomain.com

Is there any walkaround to this problem?