Transferring from 7.0 to 7.1 - how to avoid loss?

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hi all!
I've had a 7.0 site since 2020, and recently decided it needed a redesign. I started a trial (using 7.1) and spent a lot of time on it before discovering that swapping my subscription over to the 7.1 site isn't as easy as I expected. 

Since I've already spent the time creating and refining it, I'm trying to find the best way to cancel my 7.0 site (paid annually) and start using the 7.1 version without wasting too much money. Squarespace's guide recommends contacting them to see if you're eligible for a pro-rata refund after cancelling your site, but from what I'm reading here that seems only applicable for Circle members and designers - please correct me if I'm wrong!
Swapping from annual payment to monthly only seems to be possible after the current billing cycle, and I can't find any way of extending the free trial more than 7 days (as I'm not a Circle member).

I'm grateful for any suggestions, Thankyou in advance!

• Replies 2
  • Views 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution
21 hours ago, sashta said:

I'm trying to find the best way to cancel my 7.0 site (paid annually) and start using the 7.1 version without wasting too much money. 

All the details in your post are correct. You may want to reach out to Squarespace Customer Care to see if they can offer you any flexibility. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.