How to make a Wells 7.0 template in 7.1

Go to solution Solved by derricksrandomviews,

Site URL: https://poagao.squarespace.com/

The stated reason of not allowing us to switch templates in 7.1 is that the templates are so customizable...I started out with Falodu in 7.1 but then found Wells, a 7.0 template that allows the user to switch between thumbnail grid view and individual photographs. It may be obvious and I'm missing it but it seems something so basic must be accessible 7.1? Do I really need to cancel my subscription and start again with a 7.0 template?

• Solution

Wells is a unique template and in my opinion would be difficlult to reproduce in 7.1. As far as switching to Wells that  could depend on where in your present subscription you are. In other words how old is it?  This is my reply to someone asking about moving from 7.1 back to 7.0 a couple of years ago, and I personally don't consider that to be a downgrade. 

You can move back, but there is no switch to do it. No option for a template change. You would need to start a new trial with a 7.0 site, build it, activate it, move your domain  and then cancel the original site, once you know the new one is working. If your 7.1 site has been actived for two weeks or less you will get a credit.  

refund policy:

• Full refunds are issued automatically for annual website subscriptions canceled within 14 days of the first payment. Refunds may take 3 to 10 business days to process.
  • We don't offer refunds after 14 days following the first payment.
  • We don't offer refunds for monthly plans.
  • We don't offer refunds for renewal payments.