Adding credit card info in Form

Site URL: https://www.thepinkpup.com/

We're a mobile dog groomer, and we'd like to collect CC info before appointments to be able to charge cancellation fees. It won't be used in conjunction with a checkout, literally just to get us the info for future use.

Currently the only way I can think to do it is just use normal Text Area fields, but those are so big and ugly. I know I can inject CSS but I have no experience with that.

Before I learn how to shrink fields to mimic normal CC info inputs, has anybody come up with a good way to do this?

Thank you so much!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

We have a running site for our mobile dog grooming business. I have an intake form set up. Once we decide we'll take the client, we need to get a card on file for cases of late cancellation/no call no show fees. Is there a way to send link to securely enter CC info through Square without having to use storefront/cart/checkout?

Maybe just a page with embedded CC block?

Thanks for any help!

15 hours ago, sisknathan said:

we need to get a card on file for cases of late cancellation/no call no show fees. Is there a way to send link to securely enter CC info…without having to use storefront/cart/checkout?

If you choose to use Squarespace’s Acuity Scheduling service to automate bookings, you can vault a payment card to allow you to charge the customer later.

The Commerce and the Scheduling checkouts are the only secure ways to accept payment card details on the Squarespace platform. 

You should never ask for payment card details via a Squarespace form. Form Blocks are not sufficiently secure and so do not adhere to the Payment Card Industry Data Security standard (PCI DSS) compliance regulations. Businesses that take card payments online are required to adhere to this standard, and those that don’t are usually forced to stop accepting payments by card.

I hope this helps.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

4 hours ago, paul2009 said:

If you choose to use Squarespace’s Acuity Scheduling service to automate bookings, you can vault a payment card to allow you to charge the customer later.

The Commerce and the Scheduling checkouts are the only secure ways to accept payment card details. You should never ask for payment card details via a Squarespace form.

Form Blocks are not sufficiently secure and so do not adhere to the Payment Card Industry Data Security standard (PCI DSS) compliance regulations. Businesses that take card payments online are required to adhere to this standard, and those that don’t are usually forced to stop accepting payments by card.

I hope this helps.

That makes sense. My problem is that these solutions require a checkout. That'd need to either pick a product or service to enter their info for, and click pay. For our business, scheduling is a discussion, they're not able to just choose a time for themselves. I wish there was a way to embed a secure CC block into a page that wouldn't be connected, we'd send a link to it for them to fill after scheduling has been decided. It seems as if there's not a direct solution for us through Squarespace. 

Thanks very much for your response and time.