Blog page: How to remove the arrow for source/external links posts?

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site. Please read the documentation at the link provided to understand how it works.

Please read the documentation at the link provided on how to share a link to your site to understand how it works. A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

1 hour ago, creedon said:

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site. Please read the documentation at the link provided to understand how it works.

Please read the documentation at the link provided on how to share a link to your site to understand how it works. A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Hi @creedon,

Please check out the "Our Products" section which I've set up like a blog. The item that links out in this example is "Preform Thermoplastic" entry. (I need to do this on another website but that's currently under construction).

I'd like to remove this arrow that automatically shows up when you select the option for the Title of the Blog to link externally.

W: https://crystalite.squarespace.com/

P: HelpMe!

Thanks in advanced.

Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 2.05.25 pm.png

I'd like to remove this arrow that automatically shows up when you select the option for the Title of the Blog to link externally.

Add the following to Blog Settings > Advanced > Page Header Code Injection for the blog page. Please see per-page code injection.

<style>

.passthrough-link:after {

content : unset;

}

</style>

This is for v7.1.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 10 months later...
On 8/22/2022 at 12:04 PM, creedon said:

Add the following to Blog Settings > Advanced > Page Header Code Injection for the blog page. Please see per-page code injection.

<style>

}

</style>

This is for v7.1.

Let us know how it goes.

This stopped working for me for some reason... Any idea why? larso-backend.squarespace.com, pw LARSO.

2 hours ago, SmallSitesSarah said:

This stopped working for me for some reason... Any idea why?

You've put the style tag inside a script tag which is a syntax error. Take the style tag out of the script tag.

<script>
const images = document.querySelectorAll('.kg-image-card img, .kg-gallery-card img');<style>

}

</style>

You also need to have a closing tag for the script tag.

29 minutes ago, creedon said:

You've put the style tag inside a script tag which is a syntax error. Take the style tag out of the script tag.

<script>
const images = document.querySelectorAll('.kg-image-card img, .kg-gallery-card img');<style>

}

</style>

You also need to have a closing tag for the script tag.

I must still be doing something wrong...

3 hours ago, SmallSitesSarah said:

I must still be doing something wrong...

I'll try to simplify. In the code I showed that has the syntax error, change...

img');<style>

...to...

img');</script><style>

This should close the script tag properly.

When you do have a syntax error like you have/had, all kinds of weird rendering issues are possible.

On 7/21/2023 at 9:28 PM, creedon said:

I'll try to simplify. In the code I showed that has the syntax error, change...

img');<style>

...to...

img');</script><style>

This should close the script tag properly.

When you do have a syntax error like you have/had, all kinds of weird rendering issues are possible.

Thank you for explaining that. I don't know how I missed it!