Landing Page without navigation 'buttons

Site URL: https://www.damianbailey.com/family-photography-1

Hi

I want to create an unlinked landing page using a duplicate of a page that already exists on my site. I want the landing page to have no navigation links or the 'contact' button in the header.

I understand from Squarespace support that this isn't easily possible without a custom code solution as Cover pages are not available on is 7.1. Nor does this info help: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205814388-Creating-a-landing-page

The original page is here: https://www.damianbailey.com/family-photography

The duplicate Landin Page is here: https://www.damianbailey.com/family-photography-1

Can anyone help with a custom code solution to remove all navigation and the 'contact' button from the header, leaving only the logo?

thanks in advance

Damian

• Replies 8
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/17/2022 at 8:17 AM, derricksrandomviews said:

You can remove the header and footer for one page, but I think in order to have the logo you will have to add it in an image block on that page. I do miss in 7.1 the landing page option that 7.0 has, I use one myself. 

https://www.mehdiaoussiad.com/blog/squarespace-remove-footer-and-header-from-one-page

I tried this and it did not work. The header and footer remain. Does this only work on certain templates? I am using 7.0

Yes that code is for 7.1.

If using 7.0 landing/cover pages are built in, I use one. Just go to config and hit the plus sign to add a page and choose cover page. This is best done in the  "not linked" section of your site. There are a number of good templates to choose from. You can make it your home page if you wish. Any questions just post them back here. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews
  • 2 weeks later...

I used to have this option with my site. I had a cover page that everyone saw when they first came to my site, and I created a "Shop" link on this cover page that took them to my main site/home page. It used to be that once you were on the main site, and navigated around, if you hit the logo, it would take you back to the homepage of my site. Now it takes you back to the landing page! How can I fix this?! My landing page has no navigation and it's a horrible experience to get redirected back to it. I don't want to delete the landing page because all my SEO is generated from the text on it.

my site is www.vanchristmas.com

Wondering if I accidentally changed the settings, or if this has something to do with global changes made to the templates, etc. My template is Galapagos.

On 9/23/2022 at 9:31 AM, vanrhonda said:

I used to have this option with my site. I had a cover page that everyone saw when they first came to my site, and I created a "Shop" link on this cover page that took them to my main site/home page. It used to be that once you were on the main site, and navigated around, if you hit the logo, it would take you back to the homepage of my site. Now it takes you back to the landing page! How can I fix this?! My landing page has no navigation and it's a horrible experience to get redirected back to it. I don't want to delete the landing page because all my SEO is generated from the text on it.

my site is www.vanchristmas.com

Wondering if I accidentally changed the settings, or if this has something to do with global changes made to the templates, etc. My template is Galapagos.

Hi. Change this logo url?

image.thumb.png.045bb7f1e8bb3dc3b93e1864800213e2.png

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

On 9/23/2022 at 11:00 PM, tuanphan said:

Hi. Change this logo url?

image.thumb.png.045bb7f1e8bb3dc3b93e1864800213e2.png

I spoke with SquareSpace support... and there's no way to do what I want. The logo will always take you back to the homepage. And if you want the landing page to be seen first, it has to be the homepage. There's no solution. So.... I have to set the landing page as my home page.

On 9/29/2022 at 7:24 AM, vanrhonda said:

I spoke with SquareSpace support... and there's no way to do what I want. The logo will always take you back to the homepage. And if you want the landing page to be seen first, it has to be the homepage. There's no solution. So.... I have to set the landing page as my home page.

Still possible with custom code. You mean change that logo url or which?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)