Markdown Text - Large Empty Space

Site URL: https://www.changeist.org/team

Hi Squarespace community! 

I hope you all could help me with a formatting issue currently affecting our website.

I updated two sections to the newer 7.1 version with the "upgrade" button, which has caused my markdown text to keep a large blank space that would otherwise be shrinked/hidden until a site visitor clicks the name of our staff member. 

How do I get rid of the large space so that I can have our staff bios reasonably organized?

Thank you all in advance for your help in this matter! 

Edited by Changeist
  • Replies 8
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The easiest way is recreate it with Classic Editor. 

Or add this to Design > Custom CSS. It can improve a bit

@media screen and (min-width:768px) {
.fe-62fab8b95bc3366be75dabaf {
    grid-template-rows: repeat(2,minmax(24px, auto)) !important;
}
.fe-62fab8b95bc3366be75dabaf>div:nth-child(2n+3) {
    grid-row-end: 20 !important;
}
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Try this new code

@media screen and (min-width:768px) {
.fe-62fab8b95bc3366be75dabaf, .fe-62fac5eb89915be9a3974812, .fe-62fbe8186b2d0f746158510e {
    grid-template-rows: repeat(2,minmax(24px, auto)) !important;
}
.fe-62fab8b95bc3366be75dabaf>div:nth-child(2n+3), .fe-62fac5eb89915be9a3974812>div:nth-child(2n) {
    grid-row-end: 20 !important;
}
}

Or send to forum message

• 11 months later...

Hi there - following up on this conversation as I am facing the same problem. I thought it'd be fixed under 7.1 but apparently not. @tuanphan would be kind enough to help me out to fix this issue by any chance? Let me know what I can provide. Best regards and thanks! 

5 hours ago, SDP said:

Hi there - following up on this conversation as I am facing the same problem. I thought it'd be fixed under 7.1 but apparently not. @tuanphan would be kind enough to help me out to fix this issue by any chance? Let me know what I can provide. Best regards and thanks! 

Can you share link to page where you have problem?

Or send to forum message

• 2 months later...

Hi I am facing the exact same issue on our staff page. I dont have a lot of experience with squarespace but regardless, I also updated some of the page sections where I was doing some editing (unbeknownst to me that all these changes will occur). The markup boxes still occupy the same space regardless of whether or not they are open. How do I change this? Look at 'secretariat' section
https://slconvergence.org/who-we-are

Edited by infoslcp
On 10/26/2023 at 8:02 PM, infoslcp said:

Hi I am facing the exact same issue on our staff page. I dont have a lot of experience with squarespace but regardless, I also updated some of the page sections where I was doing some editing (unbeknownst to me that all these changes will occur). The markup boxes still occupy the same space regardless of whether or not they are open. How do I change this? Look at 'secretariat' section
https://slconvergence.org/who-we-are

Try adding this to Website Tools (under Not Linked) > Code Injection > Header

<style>
  .fe-649d892fa6f85ab777bb56f7 {
    grid-template-rows: repeat(15,minmax(calc(var(--container-width) * var(--row-height-scaling-factor)), auto)) !important;
}
</style>

Or send to forum message

On 10/29/2023 at 2:27 AM, tuanphan said:

Try adding this to Website Tools (under Not Linked) > Code Injection > Header

<style>
  .fe-649d892fa6f85ab777bb56f7 {
    grid-template-rows: repeat(15,minmax(calc(var(--container-width) * var(--row-height-scaling-factor)), auto)) !important;
}
</style>

Added it in. Its somewhat helped. It started to push down the rows beneath when opening the markup boxes, but there's still too much space between the rows. How do I get rid of all that space, and have it only appear when markdowns are opened?