Full viewport height page sections in 7.1 since Fluid Engine

Hi,

I'm trying to create a site with page sections that are the full height of the viewport (and that flex with window size). This was quite achievable in 7.0, and also in 7.1 pre-Fluid Engine update. Now it seems there's no options at all for having full viewport height sections that flex, unless I'm missing something. 

In the classic page section editor in 7.1 setting the section height to 100 would give you a 100vh section that adjusts to viewport size. Doing that in a Fluid Engine section does not yield the same result. 

Any ideas or help on achieving this would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by vincentlefre
  • vincentlefre changed the title to Full viewport height page sections in 7.1 since Fluid Engine
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, vincentlefre said:

Thanks @tuanphan

Sure, it's www.adrisenergy.com

Note that most of the sections are using classic sections not fluid editor. I have added a fluid editor section to the bottom of the page.

This section? MAKE IT STAND OUT.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, PatrickJ said:

I'm having this problem on the homepage of this site as well:  https://cone-lion-8k4m.squarespace.com/ (password: hello)

Need the hoodie image to be flush with the bottom of the section, and the section to be 100vh on every device.

Thanks in advance! 🙏🏽

Is this section a Fluid Engine section? Have you tried to create the section using "Add Blank (Classic Editor)" (Last option in the "Add Section" options panel)? Then set the image as the background. The main navigation style should be "Dynamic".

On 10/12/2022 at 12:49 PM, PatrickJ said:

I'm having this problem on the homepage of this site as well:  https://cone-lion-8k4m.squarespace.com/ (password: hello)

Need the hoodie image to be flush with the bottom of the section, and the section to be 100vh on every device.

Thanks in advance! 🙏🏽

I think you should try changing it to Classic Editor section, we can make this flush easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

On 10/17/2022 at 1:48 AM, tuanphan said:

I see you solved? Checked some screen sizes & it looks fine

I did, thanks @tuanphan!

Although I'm still struggling with something, is there a way to exclude mobile browser navigation from the viewport height calculation? As you can see, the bottom of the section is being obscured by the browser on mobile.

Phone Vertical.PNG

Edited by PatrickJ
  • 4 months later...
On 9/20/2022 at 2:01 AM, vincentlefre said:

Still no response to this issue?

It affectively renders fluid engine worthless if you want to achieve the (very common) full window design outlined in my original post.

If there's no solution that I've missed then this really needs addressing by Squarespace. I can't be the only one?

Hey @vincentlefre, definitely not the only one... any luck? Can't find/develop any code that sticks/doesn't cause a total nightmare with adjusting elements in the meantime.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi!

A bit late to the party, but I've been having similar problems for quite some time with several websites running on 7.1. In my case, it mainly occurs with sections aligned to the bottom or the middle. The top-padding and/or bottom-padding of the section then becomes unnecessarily large (20vmax), as opposed to the 2.5vw spacing I set in the website's general spacing settings. This causes the section to go over the 'minimum' 100vh.

I solved this for myself using the CSS below. This makes the padding of the sections the same everywhere (in my case 2.5).

Sections aligned to the middle:

.page-section.vertical-alignment--middle:not(.content-collection):not(.gallery-section):not(.user-items-list-section):not(.section-height--custom):not(.editmode-changing-rowcount).section-height--large>.content-wrapper {
padding-top: 2.5vmax !important;
padding-bottom: 2.5vmax !important;
}

Sections aligned to the bottom:

.page-section.vertical-alignment--bottom:not(.content-collection):not(.gallery-section):not(.user-items-list-section):not(.section-height--custom):not(.editmode-changing-rowcount).section-height--large>.content-wrapper {
padding-top: 2.5vmax !important;
}

Hopefully a final solution from Squarespace will follow soon.

Edited by joeridecock