How to change font type and colour for a few words?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Instead of using a Text Block, use a Markdown Block.

Inside the Markdown block, type something like this:

Roses are <span style="color:red">red</span>, violets are <span style="color:blue">blue</span>.

Or:

Roses are <span style="color:red; font-family:Georgia; font-size:2em;">red.</span>

That’s the most basic way with HTML.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I've created Squint, a plugin for Squarespace that allows for custom styles, colors, more headings, superscript, subscript, underline and more. You can select a single word (like this), a sentence, or whatever - like you'd expect with most WYSIWYG editors.

So checkout Squint if this is something to do often.

-Brandon

If a response helped you out, send a 'Like' 👍 (bottom-right) and/or 'Upvote' vote.jpg.c260784ece77aec852b0e3049c77a607.jpg (top-left)

• 11 months later...

Hello Tazmeah,

Thank you for this answer, it helped me a lot.Thanks to this answer I could use different colors for certain words in my text. I have an additional question: For some text blocks, (which I create by using Markdown Blocks to change the color of words), I would like to use a bigger font size. Can You help me with this? I tried to do this with headings (h4, h5 or h6) but that didn't worked out well. If I want to use h4 as being a bigger font size, should I create or adjust this? Can you give me an example how you would do that ?

thank you

Archived