Prepopulating Hidden Fields in Squarespace

Site URL: https://www.svtrailblazers.org

Hello!

I am using MemberSpace to manage membership on my Squarespace website and would like to be able to prepopulate the Squarespace form with data in a hidden field such as name and email from Memberspace.

Is this possible? I feel it should be possible to do because you can pull data from Memberspace as indicated here: https://developers.memberspace.com/embedding/member-information and can create Hidden fields in Squarespace. I'm just not sure how to do it (not technically trained).

Would someone be able to offer any advice on how to do this?

The end state is that a logged in member doesn't need to re-enter their name and email when completing the form.

• Replies 5
  • Views 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

would like to be able to prepopulate the Squarespace form with data in a hidden field such as name and email from Memberspace.

Is this form an SS form created with SS as opposed to a MS form embedded in the site? If the former, what is the URL for the page with the form?

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

There is no specific URL at this point because I'd like to be able to build a SS form for a number of different events in the future. So, it would be using SS to build a SS form (for ease of use).

There is a way to do it with MS to build the form but that it feels more complicated to have to build it from scratch. So I was wondering if I could simply put code into each page where required to pull data from MS to populate SS form.

I suggest you create a page in the Not Linked area of pages. Give us the URL for that page.

Add a test form there with your hidden fields and one or two visible fields.

I'm thinking we will also need a test member account. Otherwise how can the MS code insert fields into a page unless a member is logged into MS?

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Hi sorry, the stakeholders went a different direction and so the above fix wasn't required anymore. And have some other things to clear for their site. Thanks @creedon for jumping in with the willingness to help. 

Still curious if anyone has implemented this type of integration between SS and MS though.

• 10 months later...
On 8/12/2022 at 8:52 AM, NadimVDR said:

Hi sorry, the stakeholders went a different direction and so the above fix wasn't required anymore. And have some other things to clear for their site. Thanks @creedon for jumping in with the willingness to help. 

Still curious if anyone has implemented this type of integration between SS and MS though.

Do you still need insights on this?

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, video lightbox and much more)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 No-code customisations for Squarespace (+100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Freemium Squarespace Widget Templates (+1000 Elfsight Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!