Is it possible to create an interactive data set?

Let's say that on a webpage you want to rank the best baseball teams by regular-season wins over the past ten years.  (Two-column chart.) But you also want the page visitor to be able to select additional listed variables (playoff wins or world series wins or whatever that are in your data set), so that the list of the best teams is then resorted in real-time (potentially expanding the number of visible columns). Is this possible? And how might you do it?

Thanks for your time.

I suggest your first stop should be DataTables.

I don't know if it can handle the showing/hiding columns but DT has so many features I wouldn't be surprised. DT is a complex piece of code and although you can get something basic going pretty easily, if you're not into web site programming you'd probably need a developers help.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.