Site won't load correctly when clicking Logo - must Refresh

Site URL: https://laurabennettdesign.com

Hello Coding experts, my site won't load correctly when you click on the main logo to "return to home". Rather it has to be refreshed each time to allow all of the home page blocks to load correctly. Im noticing this specifically on the home section titled "Heart-led, Purposeful Design" with the photo block on the right. When clicking on the main logo, this section actually doesn't display the photos or subtext at all (see photo attached). But upon refresh it works normally. It seems perhaps it's working on the backend of SS but not working when the site is accessed by browser (ie. Safari, Chrome, etc.)

Please help!

site: laurabennettdesign.com

Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 16.37.47.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 4.36.13 PM.png

• Replies 1
  • Views 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm thinking the curse of Ajax Loading strikes again! Try turning off Ajax Loading to see if the problem goes away.

Please note that turning off Ajax Loading will effect the performance of your site. Ajax Loading is designed to increase the loading speed of your site after it first loads.

You have to decide whether the custom code you are trying to use is worth turning off Ajax Loading.

paul2009 has a great article on the ins and outs of Ajax Loading. Please see Why does Squarespace code only work on refresh?

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.