Jump to content

Adjusting mobile breakpoint in 7.1 Fluid Engine

Recommended Posts

I'm building a site in 7.1 with Fluid Engine (which is great 😀) but it doesn't look great on tablet screens, especially when viewed in portrait. On mobile's it's great as the new mobile view editing option means you can reorder elements - which I love. I'm thinking if I can just make it switch to the mobile layout sooner, ie for ipad portrait width, then it would look great on tablets too. There doesn't appear to be a mobile breakpoint setting in 7.1 as there was in previous versions and the CSS I've found online doesn't seem to be working, is there some CSS I can add that will adjust the mobile break point in 7.1 sites built with Fluid engine?

Many thanks in advance to anyone that can help!

Link to comment
18 hours ago, MissT said:

I'm building a site in 7.1 with Fluid Engine (which is great 😀) but it doesn't look great on tablet screens, especially when viewed in portrait. On mobile's it's great as the new mobile view editing option means you can reorder elements - which I love. I'm thinking if I can just make it switch to the mobile layout sooner, ie for ipad portrait width, then it would look great on tablets too. There doesn't appear to be a mobile breakpoint setting in 7.1 as there was in previous versions and the CSS I've found online doesn't seem to be working, is there some CSS I can add that will adjust the mobile break point in 7.1 sites built with Fluid engine?

Many thanks in advance to anyone that can help!

to set style based on the breakpoint, you can use the syntax

@media only screen(max-width: 767px) {
  /*Your mobile style*/
}

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

 

Link to comment
7 hours ago, bangank36 said:

to set style based on the breakpoint, you can use the syntax

@media only screen(max-width: 767px) {
  /*Your mobile style*/
}

Many thanks! So is there no way to adjust it for the whole site in one go?  Do I need to use the above for each section on each page? Or can you target a whole page?

Thanks again!

Link to comment
On 8/9/2022 at 6:09 PM, MissT said:

Many thanks! So is there no way to adjust it for the whole site in one go?  Do I need to use the above for each section on each page? Or can you target a whole page?

Thanks again!

Yes. No way. Need to do this for each page. If you share link to page where you want to do this & describe the problem, we can help easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Link to comment
19 hours ago, tuanphan said:

Yes. No way. Need to do this for each page. If you share link to page where you want to do this & describe the problem, we can help easier

Many thanks Tuanphan, I feared as much.  I can't share the link to the site publically I'm afaid- is there a private way to do that at all?

Link to comment
On 8/11/2022 at 4:24 PM, MissT said:

Many thanks Tuanphan, I feared as much.  I can't share the link to the site publically I'm afaid- is there a private way to do that at all?

You can send link in a private message, I can take a look

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Link to comment
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/16/2022 at 8:14 AM, gcerceo said:

I'm also interested in changing this. The responsive alignment and spacing sucks before it hits the mobile breakpoint, especially with text blocks.

site: grahamcerceo.com

Does that string of code go into the advanced tab (header injection) on each page's settings? 

Thanks again!

Can you take a screenshot of problem?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Link to comment
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/9/2022 at 5:48 PM, coriwhat said:

Has anyone found a solution for this without using Section or Collection IDs? I need to do this for a template so can't use those.

You can describe in detail problem + share site url, we can take a look to see if can target with general class name

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Link to comment
  • 5 months later...

Hi - I'm having a similar problem in regards to my site looking fine on mobile and desktop, but on tablet (mainly portrait) the fluid layout is really messing with the aspect ratio of the image.

I am using the fill setting as my image borders would not look effective with any padding in the fit option.

Is there anyway I can limit the lengthening/aspect ratio changes that are happening with viewport size changes? I need a sitewide fix if there possible could be one as it's for a template.

Below I have attached screenshots of an example (second photo is the issue), but the problem is happening throughout my site.

Many thanks

IMG_0673.jpg

IMG_0674.jpg

Link to comment
On 3/23/2023 at 10:15 AM, GeorgiaDigital said:

Hi - I'm having a similar problem in regards to my site looking fine on mobile and desktop, but on tablet (mainly portrait) the fluid layout is really messing with the aspect ratio of the image.

I am using the fill setting as my image borders would not look effective with any padding in the fit option.

Is there anyway I can limit the lengthening/aspect ratio changes that are happening with viewport size changes? I need a sitewide fix if there possible could be one as it's for a template.

Below I have attached screenshots of an example (second photo is the issue), but the problem is happening throughout my site.

Many thanks

IMG_0673.jpg

IMG_0674.jpg

Can you share link to this page?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Link to comment
  • 2 months later...
On 6/14/2023 at 7:28 AM, mhierst127 said:

Hello Tuanphan! I have one long-scroll page with anchors that looks good on desktop and mobile, and awful on tablet. Would like to adjust the breakpoint so mobile kicks in for tablet. Please help!

webiste: bidra.vc/homepage-1

pw: 92D_9Rfvt-VW!ELJ.

I'm checking this

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Link to comment
  • 7 months later...
On 1/22/2024 at 11:00 PM, cpfullerton said:

@tuanphan, hello! I'm also having an issue with this. I'm hoping that the home page (or entire site if that's what's needed) can be forced to mobile menu on tablet size, which I'm assuming is around 900px? 

https://www.eleanorcummings.com/

Many thanks!

You shared the following code but I'm not sure where this goes:
 

@media only screen(max-width: 767px) {
  /*Your mobile style*/
}

Mobile menu already show on tablet. Or you mean table landscape mode?

image.thumb.png.b5615a1891aa0d13a446fb864ee014bc.png

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Link to comment
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey all! I would love for my mobile style to kick in on tablet also, it's literally so nice on mobile and desktop and just pure chaos in that breakpoint in between 😕

Site is edwinamoutrayimages.com.au 

@tuanphan With that code:

@media only screen(max-width: 767px) {
  /*Your mobile style*/
}

Can you help as to how I make this work on the site and steps to do so?

Much appreciated ❤️ 

Link to comment
On 5/1/2024 at 6:56 PM, jesleacreative said:

Hey all! I would love for my mobile style to kick in on tablet also, it's literally so nice on mobile and desktop and just pure chaos in that breakpoint in between 😕

Site is edwinamoutrayimages.com.au 

@tuanphan With that code:

@media only screen(max-width: 767px) {
  /*Your mobile style*/
}

Can you help as to how I make this work on the site and steps to do so?

Much appreciated ❤️ 

Which page or section do you have problem?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

×
×
  • Create New...

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.