How can I use the Wells Template?

On 8/5/2022 at 1:04 PM, SAR said:

Hello

How can I apply the Wells template? It is not listed for me in the old versions. I can open the demo website but not use the template. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

I would also like to use the wells template but can't apply it. Is it not possible anymore?

• 2 months later...

Hello lovely people, 

I have the same problem and I am desperate I want to use wells template as it is perfect for what I need to produce but I can't find it, can anyone help me ? 

1 hour ago, Ririforposh said:

Thank you for the link but once I click on it the demo appears but there is no way to use it 

The demo site should include a button (in the lower right corner) that will allow you to create a new Squarespace version 7.0 website based on the Wells template:

image.png.4a264a5e85c25ddb668251988e19fe8e.png

If you do not see the button, please try using a different browser.

Note that if you have already started building a Squarespace website using a different template then it may not be possible to switch your template to the Wells template. If this is the case, please contact Squarespace Customer Care directly for advice and let us know how you get on.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thank you for the answer. 

Although, I do see the 'create a site like this" button but the problem is , once I click on it I end up on the template gallery where all the templates are displayed but wells is not one of them, so this is my problem ..

On 10/31/2022 at 6:18 AM, Ririforposh said:

I do see the 'create a site like this" button but the problem is , once I click on it I end up on the template gallery

In that case I recommend that you contact Squarespace Customer Care, or feel free to direct message me with your email address and I will create a Wells trial for you (or anyone else!).

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

4 hours ago, LonniWong said:

Can you also create a trial for me please?

Sure, that has been created for you.

On 11/1/2022 at 5:09 PM, Tourista143 said:

Hello Paul, I have the same problem, can you open a Wells trial for me too?
Thank you so much

I just helped a member. You can send me your email via message. I can duplicate a Wells template for you

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 2 weeks later...

@smjdave please DM me your email address.

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone !

I'm new on Squarespace and I'm up to built my photographer's website.

I really would like to have a vertical navigation side bar on the left side of my site like in this example : https://www.seantucker.photography/street

It looks like it was easily possible with the template "Wells" on the 7.0 but it doesn't exist anywhere and I can't find anything like this..

So I was hoping that maybe, a good soul could help me a bit on that !

You can use your current template then share url, we can give some code to move whole navigation to left side.

Or if you want to use Wells, access this link

https://www.squarespace.com/templates/browse/v7/all-templates

Scroll down to Well and choose

image.thumb.png.1655a191716fe41c8038e8f911f869d6.png

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

5 hours ago, PierrePauwels said:

I don't have WELLS template anywhere

The Wells template supports French for the site language. You should be able to start a site using the Wells template by using the link below and then clicking on START WITH THIS DESIGN:

https://www.squarespace.com/templates/wells-demo

image.thumb.png.725813a74273e3a74f9f8f92162de1ae.png

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009
Added screenshot

Hi Paul, thank you for your answer.

But I'm a bit loosing my mind. I can see the wells-demo page but I can't find it anywhere... If I go to "all the templates", Wells is not in the list.... And, unless I haven't saw it, there is no link to try the template on the demo page... 

This is weird and it looks like either Wells doesn't exist anymore, either I don't have access to it from France...and I don't have a VPN to try if it's the case.. I tried to write the link in english but anytime google send me to the french version of the website..

19 minutes ago, PierrePauwels said:

there is no link to try the template on the demo page

This is very strange @PierrePauwels. Feel free to direct message me with your email address and I will create a Wells trial for you, and anyone else who would like one. 

Edited by paul2009

• 2 months later...

Hello, 

I have the same problem as the others. I can see the wells-demo page but I can't find it anywhere... I tried with different browsers but it didn't change anything.

Do you know if this template is compatible with the creation of a member area?

I was hoping that maybe, a good soul could help me a bit on that !

On 6/11/2023 at 3:08 PM, mariemarguerite said:

I can see the wells-demo page but I can't find it anywhere...

Are you not seeing these elements on the two following pages.

ScreenShot2023-06-11at3_59_55PM.png.d50442a6ccdb6cc2e0aecd02139fc380.png

ScreenShot2023-06-11at4_17_08PM.thumb.png.f78760d7504b708b01337013a54456fd.png

Have you tried viewing these pages in private browsing? If you do get a change to create the site, be sure to use your same SS login.

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 1 month later...
On 6/12/2023 at 2:52 PM, mariemarguerite said:

Hello, 

I see these elements but as soon as I click on them, it automatically takes me to the "All templates" page and I can't find the Wells template. I just tried in private browsing but it didn't change anything.

I can't find it either, which would be a shame because Wells, especially for visual artists, is undoubtedly the best template Squarespace has ever created.