Removing the sidebar navigation in the members area

Site URL: https://www.ffabooks.com/

Hi forum,

I'm hoping it's possible to remove the members navigation bar in the members area? We run a not-for-profit, and don't require the Orders section, or addresses. Please let me know if there is a way to remove the navigation entirely/redesign the navigation or customize the navigation so it only has the name and sign out button? 

Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 3.15.18 PM.png

Not sure if this will help you but here is what I did. Definitely far from perfect but it sorta works.

From any page, Edit Site Header, choose Elements, and switch off "Account Login."  When you do this there won't be any "Login" link and there won't be any "Account" link either. This prevents people from accessing the Account sidebar.  Unfortunately, there are still a couple of ways it could pop up (such as a link from emails sent by squarespace), but this works okay for me since I'm generally not using those features...

Since the login and account links are both gone, you need now to add a way for users to log in. The way I did this was to create a link (in my case it's from the footer, but it could be anywhere, including in your header, to Login. Just use the URL for the main homepage of your Member Area. When a user clicks on it they will hit the Access Denied page. You can edit what appears on the Access Denied page by going to Design -> Access Denied page and selecting the name of the member area for which you want to edit...

Again, not perfect but it seems to work for my needs right now