Adding meta descriptions to category pages

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just ran into this today. So far, haven't found a way. It would be helpful to be able to add some unique schema here, but I'm unable to add/edit any metadata for these pages, nor am I able to add an embed block specifically for each unique category page that shows only there. Everything reverts up the main product/service page.

Hi. I'm Michael. I run iPhoneIntact - Raleigh’s most experienced mobile iPhone/iPad repair service. That's enough for now.

There are several coding design patterns that can be used for this effect. They have been discussed in other threads on this forum.

The first question is do you want a simple (a single style) piece of text? Or, do you need a more complex design, text, images, and etc?

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi,

Can someone assist with this matter ? 

I ran into this problem as well and I am just getting fed up with all of this sqs nonsense where simple things require the biggest effort to resolve ... 

Like why are subcategories not unique on their own where you can just simply drag and drop things, add your own text or image or whatever instead its shared within the store they are... Having browsing the web for days to find a way to add just a text to each subcategory was not enough on my plate and now I have to find a way to actually add unique meta descriptions .... Their shop set up is just beyond problematic... 

Anyway if someone has an answer to this problem would be highly appreciated