Banner Video Loading 3secs later on mobile

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: https://www.attachelondon.com/

Hello, I have a full banner video on my website and initially it was loading perfectly when I had uploaded the video file to squarespace however it was coming up blurry on mobile. I then uploaded the video to youtube and linked the video via link at 1080p 60fps and that resolved the blurring issue. Now the video is loading with a 3sec delay on the mobile so it shows the text before the video comes up. Is there anyway I can fix this? 

Any advice will be very much appreciated. 

• Replies 2
  • Views 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution
45 minutes ago, SukiR said:

I have a full banner video...however it was coming up blurry on mobile. I then uploaded the video to youtube...at 1080p 60fps. Now the video is loading with a 3sec delay on the mobile. Is there anyway I can fix this? 

There will always be a trade-off between definition and download speed. 

As you mentioned, Squarespace choose to serve natively hosted videos to mobile devices at a lower definition/quality whereas third party videos that use high definition may take some time to load, depending on the user's device capabilities and the network conditions. There is little you can do to change this but you may want to take a look at Mobile Fallback Images.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.