Drop down menu with Navigation Line

Go to solution Solved by Beyondspace,

Site URL: https://bobcat-wolf-gcel.squarespace.com/

Hi all,

I used the Stretchy Navigation Line plugin from Ghost Plugins (link here) and I'm loving the effect, but it is, unfortunately, being covered up by the drop-down menu when it's activated. I'm wondering if anyone could help me fix this so that the line doesn't disappear when the drop-down menu appears?

Background: I tried moving the drop-down folder down using CSS so that the line stays visible, but this caused its own problems: because the drop-down menu was no longer connected to the menu item above it, the menu unselects and disappears when you go to move your mouse down to the menu items.

Password: unique

Thank you

Best,
-Scott

On 8/2/2022 at 8:14 AM, whereisscott said:

Site URL: https://bobcat-wolf-gcel.squarespace.com/

Hi all,

I used the Stretchy Navigation Line plugin from Ghost Plugins (link here) and I'm loving the effect, but it is, unfortunately, being covered up by the drop-down menu when it's activated. I'm wondering if anyone could help me fix this so that the line doesn't disappear when the drop-down menu appears?

Background: I tried moving the drop-down folder down using CSS so that the line stays visible, but this caused its own problems: because the drop-down menu was no longer connected to the menu item above it, the menu unselects and disappears when you go to move your mouse down to the menu items.

Password: unique

Thank you

Best,
-Scott

I think we can move the folder down a little bit with margin style. Currently, the folder is on the line so the line will be hidden when the folder appear.

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

• Solution

Try adding to Home > Design > Custom Css

.header-nav-folder-title + .header-nav-folder-content {
  margin-top: 15px;
}

Hope it can helo

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

My testing

image.thumb.png.f3b560e11cbe094d223e62df4b4a8552.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @bangank36 - Thank you again for your help with this!  I wanted to see if you could help me with one other thing that this impacted.  

It turns out that this code also moved the actual Squarespace "Save" button down as well.  This has the unintended consequences of making it difficult to save website changes as the mouse "loses" the button and the button disappears.  I'm wondering what you might do in this case?  Maybe there is another workaround?

Sorry to bother and thank you again!