Hi all

I just wanted to ask if anyone is using Paperform as an integration with Squarespace.

I'm looking into this option for a local delivery/postcode shipping solve, but i'm in early stages (it may not work). I'm wondering if anyone has successfully integrated Paperform to take details during product order stage (taking delivery details, or pick-up times, custom order details etc.) and had that information translated to the checkout with the order.

A very out-of-the-box solution but we are desperately trying to stay with Squarespace as my client really doesn't want to swap to Shopify just for this feature.

Thanks, any insight on Paperform on this thread welcomed 🙂

• Replies 3
  • Views 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, kellicox90 said:

Hi all

I just wanted to ask if anyone is using Paperform as an integration with Squarespace.

I'm looking into this option for a local delivery/postcode shipping solve, but i'm in early stages (it may not work). I'm wondering if anyone has successfully integrated Paperform to take details during product order stage (taking delivery details, or pick-up times, custom order details etc.) and had that information translated to the checkout with the order.

A very out-of-the-box solution but we are desperately trying to stay with Squarespace as my client really doesn't want to swap to Shopify just for this feature.

Thanks, any insight on Paperform on this thread welcomed 🙂

I check that Paperform has the following tutorial: https://paperform.co/help/articles/squarespace-embedded-forms/

Have you tried it?

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

16 hours ago, kellicox90 said:

I'm looking into [Paperform] for a local delivery/postcode shipping solve. I'm wondering if anyone has successfully integrated Paperform to take details during product order stage and had that information translated to the checkout with the order.

To save you some wasted hours looking into this, I should mention that on Squarespace the checkout page is locked down. This means that you won't be able to pass any details from a third party service and add that information to the checkout. In fact, you won't be able to add any code to the checkout page, so it is impossible to customise anything after the customer has provided an address.

You may be able to build a workaround before they reach the checkout, but this will depend on the client's requirements. If you can provide a full list of the client's detailed requirements for "local delivery/postcode shipping" ask, then the community may be able to suggest some workarounds. However, in my experience, a client's "simple" local delivery request often changes from "I'd like customers to be able to pick a delivery day" often grows into something that is beyond the possibilities of Squarespace - and many other platforms. For example, it will be increasingly difficult if they require any of the following:

• Limit the number of delivery slots available
  • Set a delivery radius and only offer local delivery to users within it
  • Only offer local delivery to customer in certain postcodes
  • Set a minimum order value for local delivery 
  • Send delivery notifications to users about their local delivery
  • Automatically create a delivery list
  • Plan or optimise the delivery route

For that level of detail, they'll want to look at the local delivery options available on Shopify.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

On 7/29/2022 at 2:16 AM, paul2009 said:

To save you some wasted hours looking into this, I should mention that on Squarespace the checkout page is locked down. This means that you won't be able to pass any details from a third party service and add that information to the checkout. In fact, you won't be able to add any code to the checkout page, so it is impossible to customise anything after the customer has provided an address.

You may be able to build a workaround before they reach the checkout, but this will depend on the client's requirements. If you can provide a full list of the client's detailed requirements for "local delivery/postcode shipping" ask, then the community may be able to suggest some workarounds. However, in my experience, a client's "simple" local delivery request often changes from "I'd like customers to be able to pick a delivery day" often grows into something that is beyond the possibilities of Squarespace - and many other platforms. For example, it will be increasingly difficult if they require any of the following:

• Limit the number of delivery slots available
  • Set a delivery radius and only offer local delivery to users within it
  • Only offer local delivery to customer in certain postcodes
  • Set a minimum order value for local delivery 
  • Send delivery notifications to users about their local delivery
  • Automatically create a delivery list
  • Plan or optimise the delivery route

For that level of detail, they'll want to look at the local delivery options available on Shopify.

Hi @paul2009

Thanks so much for your response, yes it is a huge pain point for SS customers in the countries that don't offer post-code based shipping. 

I have a florist who delivers to her local community, what I was hoping with paper form is that it can calculate their shipping using their postcode & conditional logic and somehow add that information to cart? It will also be able to eliminate all other entires, so that if a customer outside her delivery postcodes it could alert them. I'm just not sure how to get the information from the form, into Squarespace - like I know how I'd embed the form at the product stage, but not sure if the platforms will integrate - or if they can with some clever code?

I had a few additional thoughts for this client as to why paper form might be a good workaround, and that is so that her customers can also select a delivery date - she offers same day deliver for orders made before 11am so paper form could solve this for her too, but there might be other workarounds for this problem.

Any thoughts?

Edited by kellicox90