Scheduling - authorising credit card hold/security deposit as well as payment

Hello forum friends,

I'm hoping to find a solution for a client who rents out (converted to electric) vintage cars. We are using scheduling for day bookings of the car. Aside from full payment, we will need to put a security hold on the credit card as well, to be returned to customer at conclusion of the rental. We are using Stripe as a payment processor. Is this possible and how would I set it up? many thanks

• 5 months later...
On 7/24/2022 at 5:59 PM, vibeke said:

Hello forum friends,

I'm hoping to find a solution for a client who rents out (converted to electric) vintage cars. We are using scheduling for day bookings of the car. Aside from full payment, we will need to put a security hold on the credit card as well, to be returned to customer at conclusion of the rental. We are using Stripe as a payment processor. Is this possible and how would I set it up? many thanks

Hi Vibeke,

I am in a similar situation? Did you find a solution via Squarespace?

• 1 month later...

I would imagine to accomplish this, it would be a major feature change and Squarespace has no obvious place to make feature requests. 

It could be solved by permitting REQUIRED addons that have vaulted credit cards, but I don’t see any way to make an addon enabled by default, it’s always buyer-optional.

It would be nice if I could set up a security deposit addon that is either automatically added to a customers cart, or MUST be added to proceed to purchase.

Someone at Acuity should have thought of this, it’s incredibly frustrating that this feature doesn’t exist.

5 hours ago, csylng said:

it would be a major feature change and Squarespace has no obvious place to make feature requests.

The way to put in a feature request is contact Customer Support.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.