ADA compliance for newsletters & images with links

Site URL: https://www.covenantco.org

Hello!

I have successfully been able to get my website ADA compliant in all but two ways. I believe I am at the point where I need to inject coding to make it work but I am not a coder beyond the BARE basics and Google searches have not gotten me anywhere. So my issues are as follows:

1) The newsletter form. I am coming up as non-complaint because the form fields do not have proper labels, but I am not coming up with how to add them. 

2) Images that link to pages on my website. Much like normal URLs and buttons, I need descriptions of the links. I already have alt text on all of the images but the links themselves are not descriptive and I do not know how to make them descriptive. 

Thanks so much to anyone who can offer help. 

You can add an accessibility widget to your website. check out userway.org for more information. they have a paid version of their widget and a free version that works with a squarespace business plan or higher. There are good instructions and support resources for how to add the widget's code to your code injection settings for your site. 

On 7/26/2022 at 1:35 PM, WendyLW said:

You can add an accessibility widget to your website. check out userway.org for more information. they have a paid version of their widget and a free version that works with a squarespace business plan or higher. There are good instructions and support resources for how to add the widget's code to your code injection settings for your site. 

It looks like the free version only gets you up to 20% compliance. My website is already over 60%. I've gone and deleted the links from all of my pictures just so that isn't an issue, but the newsletter issue is still keeping me below the safe zone of compliance. Unfortunately my business is less than a year old so I can't afford $50/mo for what should just be a simple coding fix.