Hiding Sold Products from the Main Store page but displaying it in a separate Sold section

Site URL: https://www.halexhorns.com

Dear All

I have built my first Square Space website and have found online help here fantastic, with a solution to all my specific customisations and requirements except for the following, so was hoping someone might be able to suggest how to set this up or give a work around or some custom code.

I wish to have the main store page display all my items except items tagged with the category 'Sold.' Then for there to be a second page (or Menu) with the title - Sold, that then displays all the 'Sold' items and excludes all the items for sale. Or ideally instead of having a separate menu as currently setup, I would be really happy if it could be done within the main shop, so no items tagged 'Sold' are listed until you click on the 'Sold' Tag Shortlist button (currently hidden) then all the for sale items will disappear.

At the moment it is set up kind of how I want it but all the sold items are still listed in the shop for sale. I've successfully hidden the sold Menu Tag from the shortlisting menu. I then tried hiding the sold tagged items which solves the problem for the main Shop page but then the items of course disappear from the Sold page. I had though I might be able to have two Shop pages using the same products and then setup different display rules for each but this doesn't seem possible.

The site is https://www.halexhorns.com

It would be amazing if any one has any thoughts how I can achieve either of my planned layouts.

Thanks J

4 hours ago, JBT said:

I wish to have the main store page display all my items except items tagged with the category 'Sold.'

I produced some code that will hide sold products automatically. You'll find it in this guide: Hide sold products on a Squarespace 7.1 website

You shouldn't need a separate 'sold' tag to hide the sold items because they'll automatically be flagged as sold out because they have zero inventory.

Edited by paul2009
edited for clarity

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thanks but not quite what I'm wanting. I sell secondhand instruments so want to be able to easily show what's for currently for sale only but equally by either clicking on a separate menu or with using the Tagging to just show past sold instruments.

The code should hide the sold out items on the Store page.

If you want another page that shows the sold-out items, you can do this on a new (blank) page by adding a Summary Block, connecting it to the Store collection and then filter the Summary Block content by your Sold tag.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Paul thanks for your time. Got the second page and Summary Block setup fine. I'm only on the Basic Personal plan is there anyway to use your code without upgrading to a more expensive plan? Also the Summary Block displays the products differently is there anyway to have it displayed identically as in the Shop?

Or as I said is there any way to achieve the same thing all within the Shop?

Many thanks again

Edited by JBT
spelling correction

Paul thanks again, managed to source some other basic code to hide sold items that seems to work ok, then followed your suggestion of using Summary Blocks. There seems to be a limit of 30 items, is there a way round this or can I can I just add another Summary Block?

This is the code I used, its obviously quite basic but seems to do the job

div.sold-out {
    display: none;
}

Cheers Jamie

7 hours ago, JBT said:

There seems to be a limit of 30 items, is there a way round this or can I can I just add another Summary Block?

SS's summary blocks are limited to 30 items. To get more you can use the paid Lazy Summaries plug-in.

With SS's summary blocks you can do some rudimentary filtering on Categories, Tags, and Featured items but nothing like show the first 30 products, then show 31 - 60, etc.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

11 minutes ago, creedon said:

To get more you can use the paid Lazy Summaries plug-in.

…although not on a Personal Plan 🥲

22 hours ago, JBT said:

I'm only on the Basic Personal plan

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/5/2023 at 7:15 PM, CiCisKnots said:

I have used this to hide sold products.  I would like to do this as well for products that are on sale.  What code would I use for this?

Please see the following.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.