moving from 7.0 to 7.1 will I lose all my shop reviews and blog comments

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

14 minutes ago, jennymccabe said:

I am considering remaking my site on 7.1...but I'm concerned...I will lose my shop reviews and blog posts/comments

That's correct 🥲

There isn't an import or export tool for reviews or blog comments and there isn't a 7.0 to 7.1 migration tool yet - although we'd all like to see one!

For more information about moving to 7.1, see the Moving from Squarespace version 7.0 to version 7.1 checklist.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• Solution
10 minutes ago, jennymccabe said:

should I wait to migrate? 

If you want to use the 7.1 features then I recommend that you start again in 7.1. I do imagine that a 7.0 to 7.1 migration tool will appear eventually, but there's no telling when this will be or which features it will migrate.

It's far from ideal but if it helps, Meg found a Workaround for the comments using WordPress tools.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

2 minutes ago, jennymccabe said:

the ability to have a few videos up - without needing to use youtube to host them

You should be able to upload video files to Video Blocks on your 7.0 site too.

1 hour ago, paul2009 said:

You should be able to upload video files to Video Blocks on your 7.0 site too.

You can with Avenue, just add a video block to a page, and hit the plus sign in the edit window to add a video. A menu comes up with upload file (30 mins max) or add a link or select from library. This feature has not been up very long but it is certainly a good addition. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews

@derricksrandomviews I nominate you as the Official Ambassador for the Avenue template 😉

image.png.ef14d8d0dfc0f386ec86d62ce987bed6.png