Add more currencies to the Payment settings

Hello dear Squarespace Team!

Could you please add more currencies to the Acuity Scheduling and Squarespace website payment system? I have many customers in UAE who are interested in your services but they want to have AED currency enabled service. 

Please support more currencies in your payment system.

* I already sent email to support team about 4 month ago for the same issue!

Edited by TechLand
1 hour ago, TechLand said:

I have many customers in UAE who are interested in your services but they want to have AED currency enabled service.

You've done the right thing by contacting Squarespace Customer Care directly to request this. Posting here is useful for a discussion or to encourage others to make a feature request but Squarespace employees don't routinely monitor this forum and so commenting here won't register your request (see the guidelines - item 6).

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, hfeidi said:

I also need the AED currency.

If you need customers to be able to checkout and pay online with UAE Dirham, you'll need to use a different commerce platform entirely. The same is true for any other currency that is currently unsupported by the Squarespace platform. This situation hasn't changed. 

The only workaround for Squarespace - and it is a workaround because it isn't perfect - is to embed "buy buttons" from Shopify, buy buttons from Ecwid or SendOwl into your website. Other commerce platforms like Shopify support AED, but to use their full feature set would involve building your site on their platform instead.

I wrote the Currency Extension that you mentioned above. It can show your prices in a range of different currencies (including AED) and can really encourage potential customers to make a purchase in a foreign currency because it allows them to see prices in an international customer's local currency. For example, when a web store based in Australia wants to sell to customers in the United States, their prices can be shown in Australian Dollars (used at checkout) and US Dollars.

However, it cannot change the checkout currency by adding a new one - no third party product can do this. The Squarespace checkout page must use one of the currencies the Squarespace platform supports (listed here)

I hope this helps.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 year later...

Hello Squarespace,

Is there any chance you would support the currency AED soon? I notice as with many features in Squarespace, they come sooner and sometimes later, but they do come and I have hope that AED will be supported in Squarespace. But when? How soon? Any idea? Thank you.

I'm starting my ecommerce soon, and the Squarespace ecommerce features are getting better and better! Thank you.

One request - this AED currency be included please. 

24 minutes ago, MariaGWest said:

Is there any chance you would support the currency AED soon?

Squarespace doesn’t use this forum to track limitations or feature requests. If you'd like to raise this as a feature request, you are encouraged to contact Squarespace directly by raising a ticket through Squarespace Customer Care