Fluid Engine Bug?: Accordion Block Moves Image Block When Accordion Opens

Site URL: https://blue-lily-kr8r.squarespace.com/omnipathology

Hi Everyone,

So, I am using Fluid Engine to build out a site and I'm having an issue which may be a bug? 

Go here:
https://blue-lily-kr8r.squarespace.com/omnipathology
Password:
Omni

When you go on the page click open the accordion. The image block I have next to it moves with the opening of the accordion! Ahhhh!!!!!

I've stripped out all of my custom code and still having the issue! AHHH! 

Anyone have any thoughts as to why this is happening? Suggestions?

Thanks,

-Brian-

On 7/15/2022 at 10:24 PM, BriGuy said:

I am using Fluid Engine to build out a site and I'm having an issue which may be a bug? When you go on the page click open the accordion. The image block I have next to it moves with the opening of the accordion!

I can confirm that this is a known issue with accordions on Fluid Engine. It was reported and acknowledged in April 2022, but I recommend that you report it again through Customer Care.

As a workaround, you can use a Classic page section instead of a Fluid Engine section.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Hi Tuanphan, yes the image is aligned up top. 

Also, thank you Paul2009 for letting me know that this is indeed a bug. I will report it again through Customer Care as you have recommended. 

I must say that this bug is ridiculous as it hinders my design. They have had 3 months to address this. If they knew about it in April why didn't they fix the issue before releasing it to us in Circle? SMH.

When I reported it to Squarespace, their response suggested they do not consider it a bug. They said they would relay my feedback to the design team, but they didn't use the typical language I have seen from them in the past when acknowledging bugs and saying they are working on a fix. They didn't fix it in advance because they didn't see it as a problem. Therefore, everyone reading this post who thinks it is a problem should submit a support ticket! If they don't know we hate it, they will never fix it!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, I've figured out that it's only a bug with the fluid engine. Until they fix it, what you can do is create a new section just for your accordion needs. if you scroll down the section templates though, at the bottom there is a link for classic editor templates. 

If you use the classic editor just for the section that you want to use the accordion in, it wont expand your content beside it.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2/25/2023 at 7:59 AM, Emmapartridge said:

see attached the ready built people section has a bug

This isn’t specific to the people section - it occurs with any accordion on a Fluid Engine section. 

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

17 minutes ago, Emmapartridge said:

What I mean is how do I add accordion and images in classic please?

You can select one of the "classic" People sections by scrolling down to the end of the list and clicking on Looking for sections built with our Classic Editor?

You'll then see the "classic" range of sections. In the People category you'll find the same layout.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

On 7/15/2022 at 10:24 PM, BriGuy said:

When you go on the page click open the accordion. The image block I have next to it moves with the opening of the accordion!

This wouldn't happen if you set the image to align to the top of the block.

Maybe not the best solution for your case but... you can stop the accordion stretching the grid row height, by making the accordion block larger so that instead of stretching the grid it expands into the space you have given it.

That technique also works well for getting the accordion to expand upwards; give it extra space in the height and align the accordion in it's block to the bottom.

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

• 3 months later...

I have had this issue with Accordions stretching the Images you place next to them and have noticed a lot of other people having this same problem with no real solution (at least those who don't want to use CSS or the Classic Editor).

Change the image to Fix rather than Fill. Edit the image and Crop it to your desired dimensions. 

This has been the one easy solution I have found to this issue. I don't understand why they won't change this or add an option to hold the image in place, but this at least works for now.

Anyway, I hope this helps!

Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 10.13.49 AM.png

I have had this issue with Accordions stretching the Images you place next to them and have noticed a lot of other people having this same problem with no real solution (at least those who don't want to use CSS or the Classic Editor).

Change the image to Fix rather than Fill. Edit the image and Crop it to your desired dimensions. 

This has been the one easy solution I have found to this issue. I don't understand why they won't change this or add an option to hold the image in place, but this at least works for now.

Anyway, I hope this helps!

Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 10.13.49 AM.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I expand the accordion, it expands the other shapes. I'd like them to stay in place

The white boxes are shape layers, it's not possible to select alter the alignment or change to fix as suggested above. 

Can any suggest a code to fix this? 

Thanks squarespace.thumb.JPG.6e643f01033dac153f0cbe31a8dd070e.JPGsquarespace1.thumb.JPG.a33b00842d86ca7ceb768aeb4da04a99.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

I notified Squarespace of this issue and they said they are aware of it , but have no intention of fixing it. I found that if I set the image to "fit" instead of fill, and then aligned it vertically that it solved the issue.  If you want a custom shape for you image then you can create a .png of it and use that instead of depending on Squarespace for shape/framing.