Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Fluid Engine Bug?: Accordion Block Moves Image Block When Accordion Opens

Site URL: https://blue-lily-kr8r.squarespace.com/omnipathology

Hi Everyone,

So, I am using Fluid Engine to build out a site and I'm having an issue which may be a bug? 

Go here:
https://blue-lily-kr8r.squarespace.com/omnipathology
Password:
Omni

When you go on the page click open the accordion. The image block I have next to it moves with the opening of the accordion! Ahhhh!!!!!

I've stripped out all of my custom code and still having the issue! AHHH! 

Anyone have any thoughts as to why this is happening? Suggestions?

Thanks,

-Brian-

14 hours ago, BriGuy said:

I am using Fluid Engine to build out a site and I'm having an issue which may be a bug? When you go on the page click open the accordion. The image block I have next to it moves with the opening of the accordion!

I can confirm that this is a bug with Fluid Engine. It was reported and acknowledged in April 2022, but I recommend that you report it again through Customer Care.

Improve your online store with our extensions.
About: Sqsp Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, appreciation and great design ♥.
Work: Squarespace Expert and founder of SF Digital, dedicated to improving websites by building the features Squarespace didn't include™.
Content: Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

Hi Tuanphan, yes the image is aligned up top. 

Also, thank you Paul2009 for letting me know that this is indeed a bug. I will report it again through Customer Care as you have recommended. 

I must say that this bug is ridiculous as it hinders my design. They have had 3 months to address this. If they knew about it in April why didn't they fix the issue before releasing it to us in Circle? SMH.

The same thing happens with text block with a background when next to an expanded accordion, which looks even worse:

image.thumb.png.f79da19603c04a51004ececf51202673.png

I've reported to Squarespace but please post here if anyone has found a solution for this!

When I reported it to Squarespace, their response suggested they do not consider it a bug. They said they would relay my feedback to the design team, but they didn't use the typical language I have seen from them in the past when acknowledging bugs and saying they are working on a fix. They didn't fix it in advance because they didn't see it as a problem. Therefore, everyone reading this post who thinks it is a problem should submit a support ticket! If they don't know we hate it, they will never fix it!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, I've figured out that it's only a bug with the fluid engine. Until they fix it, what you can do is create a new section just for your accordion needs. if you scroll down the section templates though, at the bottom there is a link for classic editor templates. 

If you use the classic editor just for the section that you want to use the accordion in, it wont expand your content beside it.

• 1 month later...