Add to Cart button on category or list page?

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

How do you add an Add to Cart button next to products in a list or category page? 

I have a situation where users need will go over a list selecting the inventory they need. Drilling down to every product detail page to add them to the cart will be very tedious.

I don't have much experience with SQSP commerce, so I apologize for the basic question.

No site exists for this question. If this isn't possible, I'll have to use a non-SQSP solution for the project.

Thanks!

22 hours ago, DV2 said:

How do you add an Add to Cart button next to products in a list or category page? 

You can add a Product Block for each product to a single page. Each block can have an add to cart button.

If this is too much work (for example, for 100s of products) then you'll need a code solution.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thanks Paul! 

It would be 150 to 200 items on a category page with 5 different categories, around 800 products total. 

I was actually planning on using your wishlist plugin on this project. Can you run queries on the sqsp product database or did you mean a code solution outside of sqsp? 

• Solution
On 7/15/2022 at 9:49 PM, DV2 said:

did you mean a code solution outside of sqsp? 

I was referring to the use of some JavaScript to include Add to Cart buttons on the Product List Page so that customers do not need to visit individual Product Detail Pages.

UPDATE AUGUST 2023: Squarespace added a new 'Add to Cart Button' feature to the Product List Page (PLP).

This feature is only available on Squarespace 7.1. To access this feature, go to the Website/Pages panel and click into the Products page. From there, click Edit and then Edit Section. There you can enable the Add to Cart Button option.

image.thumb.png.b5e0890f8f8253a2e9fc084f3cea8f7c.png

Edited by paul2009
edited for clarity

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

@Paul2009

Hoping you can help, on my site (www.therum.company), when I use the 'add to cart buttons' feature that is the new Squarespace version of your code above, it adds 3 units to the cart for some reason? Any idea why this could be? It does the same with your code too?

I have it turned off currently.

Thanks

Tom

21 hours ago, TFantom said:

on my site (www.therum.company), when I use the 'add to cart buttons' feature that is the new Squarespace version of your code above, it adds 3 units to the cart for some reason?

I don't experience this issue on your site so this may be limited to the device you're using. As a troubleshooting step, clearing the browser cache may help or you could try using an incognito/private window. If this doesn't help, I recommend informing Squarespace directly by raising a ticket through Squarespace Customer Care 

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

@paul2009 

Thanks for the advice, I raised a ticket but it seems the issue is my Shop page code for my 'universal filter plug-in.  The problem is resolved when that code is removed. But I need the code obviously. 

I have contacted the owner of the code, but I'm not sure they know how to fix it.

Are you able to take a look? There doesn't seem to be anything obvious to cause the issue. I guess you can see the code, but if you need access, let me know.

Thanks

Tom

1 hour ago, TFantom said:

Are you able to take a look?

I can't reproduce the issue - with or without the Universal Filter - so I can't offer any further advice, except to suggest you were using the latest version - which I guess you've already done. If there is a filter issue, I'm not seeing one on other sites.

Either way, I'm sure Michael (the author) will investigate thoroughly if there is an issue on his side.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, cmancuso said:

I can't find the option to use the new PLP Cart Button feature.

The feature is only available on v7.1. You are on v7.0. Many new features will only come to v7.1.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

@cmancuso If you'd like to use the newer features, you can upgrade your Brine-family site to 7.1 using the update tool🙂