Header Footer disappeared

Go to solution Solved by tuanphan,

Site URL: https://www.manjitthapp.co.uk

I entered the below code onto a page to hide the header and footer. I wanted to hide them on that one page only but it ended up removing it on all other pages. I couldn't find the code block on that page (by hovering) to delete it so I deleted that page, but my header and footer is still not showing up on all other pages. I've tried Settings > Advanced > Code Injection and it's not there either. Any help would be appreciated!

< style>
  .header, #footer-sections{
    display:none !important;
  }
</style >

• 3 months later...

Helloooo,

I am having the same issue! I added new pages to a website and added remove header footer code in a code block on the pages i wanted to disable. Now the entire site is missing header / footer. Did not add this code anywhere but the specific pages. 

Have searched for the code blocks/ deleted all... still showing no header footer on main pages. Suggestions? Thank you!!

https://www.sitbelove.org/

1 hour ago, knellans said:

Did not add this code anywhere but the specific pages. 

You added code to the footer which is site wide to hide the header and footer.

Go to the URL < https://porcupine-gopher-849m.squarespace.com/config/safe/ > to get into safe mode so you can edit the footer and remove that code.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

10 hours ago, creedon said:

Go to the URL < https://porcupine-gopher-849m.squarespace.com/config/safe/ > to get into safe mode so you can edit the footer and remove that code.

This worked. Thanks @creedon

I was not aware of safe mode- could you point me to an article / additional info re Sqarespace? Or provide a quick explanation?

Also, once the action is preformed, how do you 'disable' safe mode? 

1 hour ago, knellans said:

could you point me to an article / additional info re Sqarespace? Or provide a quick explanation?

I've searched from time to time for an official SS article on this feature but I've not been able to find one.

I learned about the feature years ago from the SS collective.

Also, once the action is preformed, how do you 'disable' safe mode?

There should be a button at the bottom of the editor window.

1841781158_ScreenShot2022-10-22at11_06_30AM.png.4175e77810961ca64aadf06eaec6f1a6.png

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, creedon said:

Anything is possible. I'd go looking to exclude custom code first before anything else. In that exploration if there were some kind of backend issue, the diagnostic process will often expose unusual errors.

Hello, I can't access that link. And also removed all custom code but it still isn't showing.. And neither is the button in my header..

1 minute ago, PoppyShotts said:

Squarespace has another bug. It's hiding headers and footers and changing colours again.

You'll find a thread about this here:

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

For those that are being asked to login for the /config/safe/. Are you trying to access the URL I posted or did you add the above partial URL to the base URL of your own site?

If you are trying to access someone else's site URL you will of course get the access challenge because it's not your site.

@janinevanbree1990 @SunshineCPTY

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/22/2022 at 7:34 AM, creedon said:

You added code to the footer which is site wide to hide the header and footer.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you SOOOOO much @creedon

I came across this post and your solution has helped me to fix the same issue, THANK YOU THANK YOU!