Jump to content

Help! What is this type of image/text scrolling called?

Recommended Posts

Site URL: https://www.wsj.com/articles/connecticut-home-renovation-mixes-old-new-11657119860?st=ne2iocqgwyfy9s1&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

I really want to figure out how to code this type of scrolling featured in this Wall Street Journal article.

As you scroll through gallery of images in the article -- boxes of text scroll over each image, then the image changes, and another box of text scrolls over the next image. And so on and so forth...

I want to look for tutorials on how to code this but don't know what it's called? Do you know?

(also if you know any good tutorials on this, please share!)



Edited by Libe
Link to comment
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if there is a name for this specific effect. But it generally falls under a sticky effect. The sticky bit here is the background or gallery images that stick as the text bits scroll by.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

  • Create New...

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.