Custom product form export to Google Sheets

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: https://www.megunticookrowing.org/

I see that I am not the only one with this request.  To have a storage destination [Google Sheets, for example] for custom product forms.  I offer a service that requires a form be completed prior to checkout.  I do receive an email with the form data, once the product has been checked out and paid.  However, I am not able to export the data to a sheet, the data being critical to the service and operations.

I can not even get an integration app such as Zapier and Parabola to access this data and export it in real time.  Should be a simple fix for Squarespace?  Others are asking for this too?  I have been using Squarespace for almost 4 years and this is a real shortcoming.  Please advise and thank you!

Jo-Ann Cook

• Solution
On 7/8/2022 at 10:45 PM, joanncook said:

I see that I am not the only one with this request - to have a storage destination [Google Sheets, for example] for custom product forms.

Please see my 2021 post. To summarise, you can collect the Custom Product Form data using the Orders API and then push this to a Google Sheet (or other location), but you'll probably want the assistance of a developer (or someone familiar with these tools) as you will need custom code or a Robotic Process Automation (RPA) tool like Parabola or Make (formally Integromat).  

Edited by paul2009
Integromat became Make

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 year later...

@paul2009 i am looking to do something like this with my orders... i get orders that need to be delivered on a specific date so the customers fill in the date in the check out form but then after the orders are done its difficult to filter by delivery date.. they dont come in order .. id like to import the data filled in the custom check out form into google sheets but i understand it might be some custom API.. can you be hired to help with this kind of stuff?