Help! My website is down after transfer to GoDaddy. Squarespace AWOL, GoDaddy can't help.

Site URL: http://www.theheartofthewildling.com

Hi there, I am really hoping that someone can help as Squarespace have not responded to me yet and my website is offline. I am not techy at all so please bear that in mind when replying. I have no idea who this issue sits with but I'm beyond stressed that no-one is able to help.

I transferred my domain from Squarespace to GoDaddy a few days ago, it completed within a few hours and I got an email confirming this. The site was live for another 24 hours. I contacted their helpdesk via chat (would be helpful if Squarespace had a human at the end of theirs!) because I wanted to create a domain email with them to the site that I'd just transferred and it was not available. They asked me if I'd already set up an email address for that domain - which I had briefly with Google Workspace over on Squarespace but then cancelled because I could not find my way around their convoluted interface. They said it was still registered to them and they would request for it to be taken off so that I could set up a domain email with them.

Now, within an hour of this conversation with GoDaddy, my site went down. I've had several conversations with GoDaddy who have been trying things on their end (I think reverting to their default nameserver and adding CNAME and A Forms data). 

All the help articles I've tried to follow with my limited knowledge from Squarespace have pointed me towards DNS settings.  However, I can't access this at all under that domain - simply getting this: 

Unable to load records

Something went wrong. Please try again

RETRY

I'm SO insanely frustrated. I do know what is happening and finding a human to help seems impossible at short notice. I have submitted an email to the helpdesk but they are yet to respond. 

I don't even know if I can seek this kind of help on this forum or if I need to employ someone to actually help me. I'd be grateful if anyone knows what is going on and can help me fix it.

Thanks.

• Replies 2
  • Views 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, TheHeartoftheWildling said:

I am really hoping that someone can help as Squarespace have not responded to me yet and my website is offline.

I'd love to help but I'm not sure that I understand what you are trying to do 🙂

I appreciate that this stuff can be confusing but if it helps, this is what I see right now:

• The domain name theheartofthewildling.com is hosted by GoDaddy and is forwarding to the domain name theheartofthewildlinganimalcommunication.com
  • The domain name theheartofthewildlinganimalcommunication.com is also hosted by GoDaddy and is connected to the Squarespace 7.1 website haddock-ruby-ae49.squarespace.com.
  • The Squarespace 7.1 website is live and working, as @tuanphan mentioned above.

If you can provide a little more information about what you are trying to change and why you are changing it, the community may be able to help you further.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.